• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

XHSF: Extreme Hill Super Flat Resurrection Plans

You can still run a server. At least give a vanilla server a try and see how much ppl you can hold at that speed. I remember running a server years ago using a laptop and dsl and i held about 8 ppl before it started to lag
You do need to do a port fowarding on your router for ppl to see your server. There are youtube videos for your brand of router that can help you set it up

You can still run a server. At least give a vanilla server a try and see how much ppl you can hold at that speed. I remember running a server years ago using a laptop and dsl and i held about 8 ppl before it started to lag
You do need to do a port fowarding on your router for ppl to see your server. There are youtube videos for your brand of router that can help you set it up
Even if I could portforeward, i dont really have a way tokeep a server up besides a computer that still has windows XP on it

A xp can run a vanilla server with no problems. Just keep an eye on it with a free virus program that still runs on an xp os

A xp can run a vanilla server with no problems. Just keep an eye on it with a free virus program that still runs on an xp os
The computer is not the problem here. The problem is mostly the fact his upload is garbage at only 1 Mb / s which will allow the server to run but there will be lag between the computer and any clients attempting to connect to it. As more people attempt to connect, the lag will gradually get worse.

That we agree on. But he does want to see how many he can handle, So loading the server files and running it won't hurt. At least he can find out for sure how many clients he can handle

There is another problem. There is nowhere I can connect a server to via wired connection and the computer cannot connect wirelessly to my router.

Now, if I had a willing host, I have decided to really tone it down. One problem with the server's fall was the fact that I let my ideas get out of control, with bosses, castles, legendary weapons, ect. I lost control.

Okay, I know this is dead and may remain dead for a while longer, but if enough people want, I will start working on a map and server. If I can get a few willing people, then I will pay for a Minecraft Realms Subscription and make this real (Or I may make another one of my fabulous maps)

It may be some time until I can get the money, as I am between jobs. But Realms pretty much fixes most of my major issues (the downside being no mods or I assume plugins, so I may like give others items accordingly or something).

Back