• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Server is Dying

Me = Now hate Waffleville because of how much its been annoying me. Of course, I thank it for being a good place to stay and am glad I didn't trust TheXraptor. But I hate it because of all the bad rep I get, the enemies, and just how I started making a huge Outlands city fad. Wipe the Outlands... just make sure you give us some time to save our items.

OT: All of the people I used to know are gone. I just had bought beta and was exploring this new thing called SMP. I found a site with a list of them and tried them out, but none were as fun as single player. Then I see something called "Team 9000 Survival Server" and try it out. The community was amazing and everyone was friendly. I was annoyed that there were no trees nearby and built a small cobblestone box just to stay nights in. Then a player was searching for someone to live in a tower with him (rigby, ribgy one of those idk if you knew him). I was bored so I said yes. There was a huge tower with a tree farm, wheat farm, and a cactus farm. We even constantly trapped pigs in a pen to use as a "mascot" then I was attacked by homework from school. I quit minecraft for a while. Finally, I return and am amazed at the changes. What was the Cydonian Empire? What is Eagle Point? Elm Creek? Hobotown? Hearing that people were complaining about Hobotown having so much grief, I think "hey, I could make a new place for people to live in". Build Waffleville. Get invaded. Get citizens. Citizens leave. People hate me.

Me = Now hate Waffleville because of how much its been annoying me. Of course, I thank it for being a good place to stay and am glad I didn't trust TheXraptor. But I hate it because of all the bad rep I get, the enemies, and just how I started making a huge Outlands city fad. Wipe the Outlands... just make sure you give us some time to save our items.

OT: All of the people I used to know are gone. I just had bought beta and was exploring this new thing called SMP. I found a site with a list of them and tried them out, but none were as fun as single player. Then I see something called "Team 9000 Survival Server" and try it out. The community was amazing and everyone was friendly. I was annoyed that there were no trees nearby and built a small cobblestone box just to stay nights in. Then a player was searching for someone to live in a tower with him (rigby, ribgy one of those idk if you knew him). I was bored so I said yes. There was a huge tower with a tree farm, wheat farm, and a cactus farm. We even constantly trapped pigs in a pen to use as a "mascot" then I was attacked by homework from school. I quit minecraft for a while. Finally, I return and am amazed at the changes. What was the Cydonian Empire? What is Eagle Point? Elm Creek? Hobotown? Hearing that people were complaining about Hobotown having so much grief, I think "hey, I could make a new place for people to live in". Build Waffleville. Get invaded. Get citizens. Citizens leave. People hate me.

What do you mean your glad you didn't trust me? :confused:

Haha xraptor I remember everything VERY vividly...

First off you were whitelisted in the SECOND wave of the whitelisting and that was 3 weeks after EP was opened. Honestly I have no idea why you weren't in the first wave. You were always in EP during construction... And on mumble. Me I was just walking around talking crap (mostly to Gurw and friends while I was drunk) and not being helpful or anything and I got in on the first appeal.

I think this is a classic example of what is wrong with the server. You put someone in charge and if that certain someone doesn't like you for some reason you get left out of all the fun. Now why is that? EP was HEAVILY griefed even with the careful whitelisting... Why can't the admins just be in charge of everything? With that being said, why not promote a trusted player (like ThaProfessor) that is on (used to be on) 24/7 and would tend to everyone's needs?

Many have asked and admins have yet to answer.

Meh, we need to make the server like how it used to be. Of course, my version of the "old" T9k is only Oxytown and no whitelisting. But if we can make it more open to new players instead of war and hate (I'm partly to blame) then maybe they would stay and we would start getting players to stop playing then thinking "Wow, this server is full of people fighting and abandoned houses" and leave.

Wipe the Outlands. Get more mods (people who ban and make the game enjoyable, not the game changing mods).

Do this, and the amount of players who stay will be so much more higher. Even people I suggested this server to complained that there were no trees and griefed cobblestone boxes. Personally I don't mind cobblestone boxes but he did and never returned to the server.

MAKE THE GAME MORE OPEN TO NEW PLAYERS!!!!!

Also, I'm glad I didn't trust you because of the fact of how much hate you can cause and encourage.

thiiisss ^^^^^

not this....

is anyone else noticing a fucking pattern here...
members of cydonia had fun when people who werent in cydonia got fucked over and had to deal wtih there shit and by shit i mean hawks shit.
this was no fun.
in firethorn where these were the rules: dont grief : dont troll : dont steal : dont annoy people : build anywhere : have "fun"
and guess what every single damn player followed these rules.and moondoggy i applaud your comment. people wanted power , empires, which in my mind was total bullshit, the mcc job was to make layouts and have fun, and while we were doing this cydonia was taking every diamond from the outlands by sitting on there asses saying this is to big or this looks ugly.

main point being dont give the power of a world that could have been perfect into the hands of one person thats stubborn and wants the game "he" wants not the way "we" want it.
if Wooty were to make a whitelist world, that was infinite, or better yet, the old firethron map with nothing built on it.that.... that is the day i can play team9000 and have fun.... but until then im probably gonna see a repeated series of power and set rules that are not rules to follow so you can have fun but rules set so you are limited to not have fun....

Rsmv, the diamonds were used simply to control building size. I don't really regret implementing it, because it's a successful way to ensure that everyone doesn't build silly mansions, because it's becoming apparent that every new member feels a need to have a large, empty house filled with nothing. The Cydonian Empire ruled Eagle Pass quite fairly in my honest opinion, we tried to accommodate to everyone's needs and desires, which is a hard thing to maintain especially when dealing with a city on such a large scale, filled with multiple people each with their own personal goals and mindsets.

True, Cydonia had faults, but I think we did a fine job of looking after the place for out first city to be moderating, in which we always had the city's intentions in mind. If you're still butthurt about us being upset with you building your arena over water (WHICH YOU KEPT, AND WE SETTLED COMPLETELY FOR) after we told the entire server multiple times not to, then I don't know what else to tell you. It seems you've developed a very deep personal hatred for Cydonia, which I think is just plain ridiculous!

You're upset when you say the power shouldn't be placed in the hands of few, but in reality that's exactly what you did with the arena.

Sitting on our asses? I find this damn offensive. We get it, you guys made a cool arena.
Afterword, you all continued on your own business, while we stayed and maintained the city.
This is fine, but please don't act like we do nothing but sit on our asses and bitch.

"in firethorn where these were the rules: dont grief : dont troll : dont steal : dont annoy people : build anywhere : have "fun""

Obviously this is ideal, but sadly it's nearly impossible to implement these rules in such a small area such as Eagle Pass. If you don't have rules pertaining to building size etc etc, you get a result like Oxytown. Team9000 is growing, another infinite world would turn out just like the Outlands; griefed, and unmoderated. Eagle Pass is (or at least was) a THEMED/PLANNED city, if you didn't like the minimal rules, then you were free to leave. No one was forced to stay in Eagle Pass. However, judging by the amount of threads that are titled "Let's all move back to EP" or something similar to that effect, I guess the community agrees we did an alright job with the place.

All in all, Eagle Pass > Elm Creek.

Haha xraptor I remember everything VERY vividly...

First off you were whitelisted in the SECOND wave of the whitelisting and that was 3 weeks after EP was opened. Honestly I have no idea why you weren't in the first wave. You were always in EP during construction... And on mumble. Me I was just walking around talking crap (mostly to Gurw and friends while I was drunk) and not being helpful or anything and I got in on the first appeal.

I think this is a classic example of what is wrong with the server. You put someone in charge and if that certain someone doesn't like you for some reason you get left out of all the fun. Now why is that? EP was HEAVILY griefed even with the careful whitelisting... Why can't the admins just be in charge of everything? With that being said, why not promote a trusted player (like ThaProfessor) that is on (used to be on) 24/7 and would tend to everyone's needs?

Many have asked and admins have yet to answer.

I think second to Elm Creek, Eagle Pass was the most grief free city I have ever been in. My house was not griefed once. The worst that happend was rogue locked doors, and stolen paintings.

As for the rest of your post, yes, your exactly correct. I don't know who denied me or why, but that person was horrible at his job.

Rsmv, the diamonds were used simply to control building size. I don't really regret implementing it, because it's a successful way to ensure that everyone doesn't build silly mansions, because it's becoming apparent that every new member feels a need to have a large, empty house filled with nothing. The Cydonian Empire ruled Eagle Pass quite fairly in my honest opinion, we tried to accommodate to everyone's needs and desires, which is a hard thing to maintain especially when dealing with a city on such a large scale, filled with multiple people each with their own personal goals and mindsets.

True, Cydonia had faults, but I think we did a fine job of looking after the place for out first city to be moderating, in which we always had the city's intentions in mind. If you're still butthurt about us being upset with you building your arena over water (WHICH YOU KEPT, AND WE SETTLED COMPLETELY FOR) after we told the entire server multiple times not to, then I don't know what else to tell you. It seems you've developed a very deep personal hatred for Cydonia, which I think is just plain ridiculous!

You're upset when you say the power shouldn't be placed in the hands of few, but in reality that's exactly what you did with the arena.

Sitting on our asses? I find this damn offensive. We get it, you guys made a cool arena.
Afterword, you all continued on your own business, while we stayed and maintained the city.
This is fine, but please don't act like we do nothing but sit on our asses and bitch.

"in firethorn where these were the rules: dont grief : dont troll : dont steal : dont annoy people : build anywhere : have "fun""

Obviously this is ideal, but sadly it's nearly impossible to implement these rules in such a small area such as Eagle Pass. If you don't have rules pertaining to building size etc etc, you get a result like Oxytown. Team9000 is growing, another infinite world would turn out just like the Outlands; griefed, and unmoderated. Eagle Pass is (or at least was) a THEMED/PLANNED city, if you didn't like the minimal rules, then you were free to leave. No one was forced to stay in Eagle Pass. However, judging by the amount of threads that are titled "Let's all move back to EP" or something similar to that effect, I guess the community agrees we did an alright job with the place.

I agree with Professor completely. While I was hardly part of the Cydonian Empire during the Eagle Pass days, I think we did an amazing job at making the city the best city on the server. Every rule was CLEARLY pointed out. So many people got butthurt when they disregarded these rules and had to tear down their buildings. My first non-box house was built in Eagle Pass, and I didn't get one warning about my house. It was easy to build in Eagle Pass. My only two complaints about Eagle Pass are that there is no "mansion district" for those who are richer and more well known. But even then, you could simply pay the small tax to build your house larger (seriously wasn't it only like one diamond for an entire extra 10x10 space?). The other complaint was that there was no area of the town where you could have your house as tall as you want. Eagle Pass had only one skyscraper, which I felt was weak.

All you have to do to have fun in Eagle Pass is follow the rules, and the MCC got a free ride by making a shitty railroad (IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE FUCKING BRAKES!), and even then, we let you keep the railway the way it was, you kept your privaliges, and we even excused the MCC for not following the rules when they built the arena over the water!

Hold it right there! I think you meant to say Eagle Pass < Elm Creek. Why, because EC floats!

Just joking! I really couldn't choose which one is better. One day I know I'm going to loose all my stuff from falling off a road in EC, but then again EP is so far away from spawn... I would like Oxytown, but I can't build in it...:(
I just hope we get a spawn area soon that isn't in the Outlands. I said spawn area because a city implies that EP and EC would get deserted because we really don't need more cities.

Also, using the term "butthurt" when it isn't literally hurt is just awkward to use in a sentance. We need better adjectives!

Meh, we need to make the server like how it used to be. Of course, my version of the "old" T9k is only Oxytown and no whitelisting. But if we can make it more open to new players instead of war and hate (I'm partly to blame) then maybe they would stay and we would start getting players to stop playing then thinking "Wow, this server is full of people fighting and abandoned houses" and leave.

Wipe the Outlands. Get more mods (people who ban and make the game enjoyable, not the game changing mods).

Do this, and the amount of players who stay will be so much more higher. Even people I suggested this server to complained that there were no trees and griefed cobblestone boxes. Personally I don't mind cobblestone boxes but he did and never returned to the server.

MAKE THE GAME MORE OPEN TO NEW PLAYERS!!!!!

Also, I'm glad I didn't trust you because of the fact of how much hate you can cause and encourage.

:yarly:
Excuse me, but I cause and encourage hate? Oh I don't think so

@professor

Yes oxytown is an unorganized mess....

But do you remember how fun it was when that place was booming? That was the best time I had on this server IMO. Plus PvP was enabled back then

You all keep asking for PVP. It will result in even lower numbers on our server:

1.) New players who don't know of PVP or are ready for it, or are not even willing to play PVP get killed by a veteran. That player leaves.

2.) Players from other servers join, decide to be dicks, and kill lots of random people.

IMO our population is increasing. The outlands have never been so populated. Everyone is busing building or doing something. Waffle may think he started the city fad, but its pretty much been something going on before you got here. I think cities in the outlands is a good idea, gives people roaming around something to adventure to. Besides its only natural to colonize the free world.

Whitelisted cities are a good idea, but the execution so far has been poor. We don't have a friggin economy so stop trying to create one.

A whitelisted outlands is what we need.

That would be very good, to have a whitelisted Outlands. The Outlands is truly a mess. And the server isn't accomodating to new players - I guess I am the poster boy for that. I just think having a whole new fresh server, with clearly defined rules is the go. Pleae, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the development of the server was entirely touch-and-go. If a fresh server is made, with clear rules and dedicated admins and members, it would be great. This whole problem could be fixed.

If players want to start factions and stuf like that, they can. However, tehre would be strict rules and guidelines imposed on them, so they couldn't become tyrannical. It's great to feel as if you are a citizen, a member of a unique group. But I think that every ruling power on Team9k Survival has in some way, however small, screwed their members over.

I agree with JerzeyLegend. If you have PvP, new players will be, very bluntly, buttfucked. Not everyone wants to fight, and newbies who don't even have a stone sword to their name will be destroyed.

What do you think, guys? A new, fresh server, with clearly defined rules from the get-go? If that happened, I would try and be on the whitelist straight away. I would have loved to experience the first days of Team9k Beta, but I can't. So let's make some new first days.

A whitelisted outlands is what we need.
Convince any of the admins into giving out the whitelist privileges, as it seems they completely ignore the lack of someone to do it for them.

Also I was thinking maybe settle for a ranking system like the one we have in classic? we could import the current player rankings into beta and have at least some players with kick abilities. Builders would be the people who automatically get whitelisted, and engineers would have kick powers. Maybe casham would ban someone when he sees that the situation goes out of hand.

That sounds good... But you would suffer the same problem Classic does, which is where there are a SHITLOAD of Builders compared to any other rank, and letting more people in to trusted positions would be annoying.
Plus, you would want to give, for example, engineers the '/give' function and stuff... Ultimately it would peeve all the builders like myself, who can't seem to do anything on this server. :(

I never said builders would have more than whitelisting privileges and engineers more than kicks. We dont import ALL the privileges people had like tp, but only key ones.

I TOLD PEOPLE WE NEEDED A FREEBUILD CITY AFTER EP, BUT THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN, WOULDN't listen, wouldn't listen
And then we had Elm Creek.

We needed a town where all the people who didn't want to follow the theme went to build all their boxes to, and i voiced this multiple times before the next city even opened.

Back