• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

2 years and an announcement

Ekgladiator

Intro: Recently My two year anniversary for Team 9000 has come and gone and I suppose that means I have to do another blog post. I want to talk about what has happened to me, to the community that I used to love, and my plans for something special. Don't worry I ain't leaving just yet though it has been on my mind a lot recently. Alright I suppose that is enough intro so let's do this!!

My life over the past year: So as you may or may not know I have officially been out of school for the past year and basically I have been looking for a job for ages. Last year I got a life guarding gig but as the year progressed I decided that it wasn't enough money so I let it slide through the cracks. Recently I got a new job (on a farm) with much better pay. Since it is a state job as long as I don't do anything stupid I can pretty much do anything within the state that I want. Because of the job I can now buy a car, upgrade to a gamer pc and be a proper member of society. Because I have a job my gaming time is also limited and I foresee once I upgrade to full-time I probably won't do it as much (or I might shift focus to something like smash). it is a fun little issue I will have to deal with buttttt I don't exactly want to quit gaming completely if at all possible. Speaking of gaming lets talk about the community.

The community is in a dump: Alright I, like a bunch of other people, have defended this community saying shit like "oh it is just a dry spell" bullcrap, Nope! This community has been on a downhill spiral ever since the lufenia/ classic world was shut down. Some would say it was declining long before that which clearly shows there is an issue afoot. As much as I hate to say it, t9k was a one trick pony with Minecraft. The worst bit was that it didn't even try to cater to anything else. Yes it has launch which is awesome but other then the number of people asking for admin on gmod, just seems pretty lifeless. It pretty much feels like "ohhh lets relive merncraft for the 1000th time and hope for the best cause clearly only a select number of people even care anymore. Oh and guess what most of the people who actually care are moving on! We used to have weekly gamenights which turned into monthly which will probably stop cause I highly doubt anyone wants to take up the torch. and that is my main issue, this community just feels "empty, devoid of life, a hollow example of what it use to be."(9/10 -ign It's okay) I think the most annoying part for me is that I have no idea what I can do to help, it seems like no one cares if it just crashes and burns (which I am semi guilty of as wel). I want to see the community grow and prosper but there is a illness that needs to be cure but I don't know what it is. I guess what I am saying is that it just isn't the same anymore and I don't know if it is the right place to be atm. But I have an idea that I want to share with you now.

Still in planning stages: Idea related to smash 4; So a few years ago I stumbled upon a forum (no names atm) that had a super smash bros brawl clan. I joined right around the time brawl was released and I had hours (years in fact) of fun becoming a competitive player. Then the forum got a make over (right around the time it was dying out) and I revived this clan for about a year before we all lost interest again (it died 2012-2013ish). So with Smash 4 right around the corner I figured this would be a good time to bring back this awesome clan I was a part of. So I got in contact with a few of them and we reopened our skype convo. Long story short the few people who contacted me back are very interested and they don't necessarily mind moving it to here. So that is where t9k comes in, I want to gauge the interest levels of a clan dedicated to smash which will have tourneys and fun online matches. Now keep in mind this is still an idea and a lot can change such as where I decide to host this clan. I also need to decide whether to host the original post that I used (with a fuckton of re-coding again) or make this a whole new endeavor. I think with mumble and the number of people who like the smash series, that this would be a great idea that could bring about a lot of comradery. If I do bring this over my mumble channel will probably become the official channel but of course others can host their own stuff. Please let me know what you think is the comments about this idea. Well I suppose I rambled on enough so lets summarize (AKA TL;DR)!

TL;DR: Basically in general this past year has been awesome and I am happy that I got a job and am not a failure to society. I am slightly annoyed with what is happening to the community and wish there was something I could do. I also want to bring over my smash clan so that people can have a competitive game to faff about on. This is basically my TL;DR so read this if you don't really care about the long version which I don't blame you for.

PS: I can open a thread talking about the clan and ideas for it but for now lets use the comment section to discuss my points and the only thing I ask is to be civil. (though considering what I just did I don't expect it at all)

PPS: Like I said I don't plan on leaving (yet) but I think we need to address what is wrong with the community so that we can get more people. Otherwise I suspect more people will leave anyways. Some people only need like 1 little thing to push them away and that isn't a good thing. We need to be trying more things to introduce new people and retain older members.

PPPS: I will probably come to regret this post but it has been on my mind for TOO DAMN LONG for me to not share...

I definitely like the idea of SSB clan though it will depend on how many people in the existing community get the game and which platform (3DS or Wii U) they get it on.

Jersey: awesome reply jersey I'm glad you took it sensibly and I agree with all of your points! Perhaps we can start a change thread on the topic so that people can have a place to voice their concerns and ideas!

Mcfar: yea right now it is still a idea, I need to see if there is cross play available and what would be the best way to do certain things. I think again a proper thread would be the best place to figure out what old and new members want from the clan.

Back