• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

2 Years...

csimiami14

First off let me say this is my first blog... Ever so can I haz cookie? :p

This day (well 5 days ago) 2 years ago.. 730 days ago.. 1,051,897.53 minutes ago.. 63,072,000 seconds ago. I joined the Team9000 classic server for the first time. Shortly afterwards I joined the the forums.. Then later in April (after being forced by a now inactive t9k member :)) I joined mumble for the first time. When I joined Team9000 I was a 14 year old who was pretty much a total derp when it came to knowledge about the world. Now I am soon to be turning 17 and I find it amazing to watch myself progress throughout the years from what I was to what I am now.

(little life story because why the fuck not)

I was born on march 31 1997 in new Brunswick, New jersey. When I was born my parents had made the decision to home school me.. I was raised around a Lutheran church and a Volunteer fire department. I was raised in a very sheltered environment.. Due to the homeschooling I never learned things many children already knew about at age 10 until age 14 or so. If one word could sum up my life pre 2013 it would be *easy*. I never had to worry about tests.. Or social cliques, or bullying.. Or anything to be honest. If you were to ask me a year ago if I enjoyed my life at that time I would say YES with much enthusiasm. As a grew older I started to notice more and more on how different I was compared to other kids... I used to brush it off and say (it's ok to be different). Although that is true, sometimes being normal is good... Normal is not something I have had a lot of in my life. At 13 while kids were getting girlfriends I was building forts with pillows in our living room... At 15 while kids were getting what I believe are important life lessons and experiences I was playing Minecraft in a basement.

I can honestly say that 2012 was the last year that I was happy.. Even if the happiness was due to lack of knowledge of what is in the world and what things I was missing out on, painfully ignorant of my surroundings but happy. The first few months of 2013 were the same as 2012 just "happy", but soon afterwards my life got much.. Much harder due to family issues. Life had stuck me like a speeding freight train. It only got worse in august for other reasons. From all that I made it a point to change my life to what I see as the better. Starting with losing weight. From august to November I lost 50 pounds (225 to 175) and now I am down another 10. I have also made it a point to be much more social in real life. This includes joining some youth clubs, going to events and after some tutoring enrolling in High school at the end of summer break.

Although 2013 sucked total ass.. I needed it. I would not be where I am today if it didn't. Throughout it all Team9000's members (well some of them) have been here for me.. And I am extremely grateful for that. And as 2014 is beginning I hope it will be better than 2013 was. Although I am not tooooo into gaming anymore (I only play BF4 and Minecraft) I will try to be around as much as possible. For all of you who
have helped / been there for me in the past few months.. Thank you.

Now please enjoy this photo of a cat :D

6-16-12-funny-cat-photos-caturday1.jpg

Haha.. Wow dude. Your story just shot me with feels of happiness, sadness, motivation, and every other feel you can punch at me. It's overwhelming, yet, I am happy that you made it through and through with the community and that you continue to strive for better no matter how bad life kicks you to the ground. Thanks for sharing this with us. Maybe you think I'm crazy, but I look up to you for positive determination. But most of all, as a friend :)

Congratulations on 2 years here! You are a valuable member of the community and one who I can call a friend :)

Here's to many more years here :)

Hey, douche, get over here so I can show you all the expirences you missed in your sheltered life.
<3

Btw, gratz on two years. :3

Back