2014 world cup brazil

Need-Food-Not-Football.jpg

Street-Art-by-Paulo-Ito-in-Pompeia-S%C3%A3o-Paulo-Brazil-Comment-on-2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Brazil.jpg

Street-Art-FIFA-World-Cup-in-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil-From-Anti-Copa-Mural-Project-organized-by-Colorrevolution-e.V.-and-Amnesty-International-Brazil.-By-B.ShantiA.Signl-in-Rio-de-Jainero-Brazil.jpg.jpg

Street-Art-FIFA-World-Cup-in-Rio-de-Janeiro-Brazil-Fuck-the-World-Cup.jpg

Yeah, the World Cup.
The turf's lovely this year.
It still gets the same point across. I don't pay attention to soccer, I'm American, I just know the site I use for images had a thing for world cup and this was the first one on the list.
Meh
honestly this is every Olympics and World Cup in recent years. You can't host massive sporting events like that and not sacrifice while you're at it. Not that it's right to do that but I think the world puts too much pressure and expectation in these sporting events so every time they get biggerer and betterer. Or maybe the countries are trying too hard to advertise themselves. I'm not sure who to blame. Brazil has had poverty issues for a long ass fucking time, we are just paying attention to it now. I'm sure the 2016 Olympics will have a worse impact than the World Cup will. They are on the rise though, apparently they found a bunch of off shore oilfields; hopefully they wont fuck it up with corruption and the people will actually benefit (probably not lel).

http://www.cracked.com/article_19733_5-things-they-dont-want-you-to-know-about-olympics.html
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-awful-stories-you-havent-heard-about-winter-olympics/

I live in Arlington, TX and a while back we hosted the Superbowl in our giant retarded egg stadium. The whole area went through a bunch of construction so that it would be able to support all dem peoples. During construction of the stadium itself many homes and apartments were destroyed, people displaced. Sales tax went up a bit.

Do you think it was to do with the pressure that they were put under from the start, with them being world cup and european champions? I mean, if you look at the squad now, they've got some of the best footballing talents in the world. I'm still not entirely sure how they've cocked it up this much
Maybe. I don't really know the details of the team but I presume the squad setup was similar to 4 years ago? I can't really understand how performance can drop that much.

Having said that, they did have a lot of goal scoring opportunities in the Chile match. It's just a shame that they, well.............missed every one.

Meh
honestly this is every Olympics and World Cup in recent years. You can't host massive sporting events like that and not sacrifice while you're at it. Not that it's right to do that but I think the world puts too much pressure and expectation in these sporting events so every time they get biggerer and betterer. Or maybe the countries are trying too hard to advertise themselves. I'm not sure who to blame. Brazil has had poverty issues for a long ass fucking time, we are just paying attention to it now. I'm sure the 2016 Olympics will have a worse impact than the World Cup will. They are on the rise though, apparently they found a bunch of off shore oilfields; hopefully they wont fuck it up with corruption and the people will actually benefit (probably not lel).

The problem is though, that they keep selecting countries to hold it that clearly can't. Qatar is a good example here. There's a statistic showing the stupidly high death rates of those working on the construction of the stadiums, more so than any other sporting event in recent years. They seem to be putting morality and human values aside in the interests of making money.
The thing that baffles me most about the whole 2022 world cup thing is that the city that the final will be held in doesn't even exist yet. It's genuinely baffling.

Maybe. I don't really know the details of the team but I presume the squad setup was similar to 4 years ago? I can't really understand how performance can drop that much.

Having said that, they did have a lot of goal scoring opportunities in the Chile match. It's just a shame that they, well.............missed every one.

There's not really any notable absentees, excluding Puyol, and all of the key players had reasonably successful seasons, aside from Casillas who hasn't really played much.

The problem is though, that they keep selecting countries to hold it that clearly can't. Qatar is a good example here. There's a statistic showing the stupidly high death rates of those working on the construction of the stadiums, more so than any other sporting event in recent years. They seem to be putting morality and human values aside in the interests of making money.
The thing that baffles me most about the whole 2022 world cup thing is that the city that the final will be held in doesn't even exist yet. It's genuinely baffling.

There's not really any notable absentees, excluding Puyol, and all of the key players had reasonably successful seasons, aside from Casillas who hasn't really played much.
haha no Qatar will have no problem hosting the World Cup. These oil countries are notoriously good at building random shit everywhere with their oil money. Have you seen the Palm Jumeirah? Sure they might go into debt later but who cares! c:

haha no Qatar will have no problem hosting the World Cup. These oil countries are notoriously good at building random shit everywhere with their oil money. Have you seen the Palm Jumeirah? Sure they might go into debt later but who cares! c:
Nerf Dubai plox.

Qatar will be fine though.

Their government is swimming with money.

Regarding actual football, I feel a bit sad regarding the American team, while they are doing their best presenting their country in this massive world-wide championship, most of the US seem to be proud of not supporting them and/or not even knowing they exist (at least according to the interwebs)

Regarding actual football, I feel a bit sad regarding the American team, while they are doing their best presenting their country in this massive world-wide championship, most of the US seem to be proud of not supporting them and/or not even knowing they exist (at least according to the interwebs)

Yeah...a friend of mine on FB went on a rant about not watching soccer. It made me a bit sad. BUT, I've got two other friends who are soccer fans and the three of us talk about it a lot. The popularity of the sport is growing here (along with our wastlines, and the minority population that actually loves the sport) and slowly we're getting into it. I think it'll help that our team is actually good...and men.

(Don't mistake that last comment for slighting the women's team. They're the greatest, and Mia Hamm is single handily the reason why I watch soccer, men's and women's. Yes, I am that old.)

Back