• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

3 Years Ago I found Team9000 [Part 1]

karmahurts

Three years ago I came up with the persona karmahurts on justin.tv. That same day is when I began watching Team9000 Gaming. Wooty was playing custom left 4 dead maps and I enjoyed the entertainment that was presented that day and I followed Team9000 gaming from then on.

Weeks and months pass as I attempt to catch the casts Woot and Co would broadcast, and I would get to know them more and the fellow viewers that also watched on that same day to day basis. We would all have a laugh together and sometimes play games together, whether it be on PC or 360. That sweet wait as some excellent selections of music streaming while we waited for the official time to start. Then once it arrived, the Team9000 theme song, and when it arrived you knew the party was starting. Days of gaming and poolpartys and contests were ahead of us.

Here is an example of such a day, with not one of my proudest moments but it was hilarious, and wow at my voice back then.

http://www.twitch.tv/team9000/b/270410612

Then a few months later I found out that a forum was created and I hopped on that, number 47 in the signups. Before I would browse game forums and sign up but not really participate within them. That all changed here, these were people that even though they were through a computer screen and across the web, we could share moments together as a community and the community grew larger and larger. Always trying to be involved in every thread because there were not many of us contributing, although I have grown out of that habit now, posting every once in a while.

Now we had a newer bunch of members join in thanks to Woot's releasing of a Classic Minecraft Server. That is how most of you guys got here and I enjoyed the freshness you guys brought, gathering and posting faster than I ever did. Always bringing something new to the table. Now I enjoyed minecraft but not so much on classic. I would hop on from time to time but it just wasn't my thing. I never got past Guest Rank. Then when the survival server went live I had a nice run on that as well. We would go through world after world after update after update and that too was fun for a time. Having fun times with a group of people on the forums creating one of the most task enduring project I had back then (cheers to you organization 9000). The somewhat rare lag that could happen downed my playing time a bit but sometimes when I was on it wasn't me playing, literally. My friends wanted to try out minecraft and see what all the hubbub was about so they would use my account on the T9K server because I knew that there was some grief control so long as they didn't grief as well. Eventually they had their own accounts and we played on the server, created Kallis but lost interest after a month or two and we played on our own private server since. So that ends my minecraft ordeal on team9000. I would still stick around though from time to time.

It is late right now so I will continue this in a later part in a day or two.

(Don't worry I am not leaving T9K if any were wondering)

Organization9000 was great :) Just sucked because no one knew, or everyone knew so it wasn't mysterious... Would've been perfect if we had 10 or so people, and everyone else wondered where the base was :D

I've always known your name, but to me, you were like one of those "silent" giants lurking in the shadows. Great, but hidden.

Still, wish I was around 3 years ago to witness the rising.

@Kc thanks: man
@Downed: I think we had a good amount of people and I loved what we accomplished
@Sky: Yes they were
@Kon: It was quite fun back then, I remember hanging out with you on one of the early versions of the survival server, that desert base.
@Rem: I'm really not that old
@God: I suppose it does but there are still a bunch of people knowing Wooty and Co a lot longer than me.

Back