• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

3 years of T9k plus turning 18

Anaxo

Alright, so I missed the date to post both my 3 years of T9k and my 18th Birthday,
so I guess now is as good a time as any.

My 3 years of T9k has been awesome. I only regret not taking a part of forums sooner. I remember back when I had the account "Kicking Falcon" and building a massive underground railroad with BracaBrad. I get reminiscent when I think about all the fun I had on Survival with DutchCheese, Allimon, GreenEarth, Highrise, ShooterTy, Taco, Twisted, Ustolo, Zaffeirce, and countless others. More recently, T9k fourms has become such a routine part of my life. I check this site as much as I do Facebook. I'm so glad I found T9k way back when I started playing on the Classic Minecraft server. You guys are awesome and I look forward to participating in Forums and in Game Nights whenever I'm able.

And secondly, I turned 18 just a couple months and. I've noticed that it's a bit of a custom to share your life story when you turn 18. So... here it goes.

My name is Russell Register (I constantly had money-related nick-names growing up and still do). I'm 18, and having two siblings: my brother, Josh who is 5 years older than myself, and my sister, Erin, who is 10 years older than myself. That makes me the youngest, and I love it.

I was born and have grown up in Florida. I HATE Florida, though. I'm just a really bad Floridian; I hate beaches, I hate warm weather, and I hate any kind of amusement park ride. So, I'm pretty much just a boring person. When I was young, I had two close friends, Adam and Tanner,on any given day, we were either rollerblading or playing Halo/Halo2. I got my first computer when I was 8, so when we three weren't hanging out, I was either playing runescape, or playing more runescape. I probably spent like 10 hours a day on my computer. I really miss my childhood and wish I could relive it. I never see those old friends anymore, we only ever chat on facebook once in a blue moon, but I guess that's life.

A major part of my life always has been attending Church. I'm really thankful that this was the case. God blessed me with parents who love me and did a whole lot for me and my siblings. My mother was of German/Polish ancestry, and my father was mostly Greek. I was also a Momma's boy. My mother often was chaperoning a field trip and I would volunteer to help her clean the house and do laundry all the time. I take no pleasure in saying this, but I was my mother's favorite, likely because I'm the only one who had never taken advantage of her and I didn't constantly disrespect her.

This isn't exactly in order, but I thought I didn't think it fit in anywhere else. Like many of you here on T9k, I came from a broke home. When I was about 8, my parents divorced. I remember when my family all sat on the couches and they told us, then I ran outside crying and said "I need some fresh air". It was no surprise to my siblings, but being young as I was, I didn't really understand too well. So my dad moved out shortly after, bought himself a new house, leaving my mother with a house that cost way more than she could afford. I lived with my mother 4/5 days out of the week, and my dad 2/3 days of the week. During middle school, I switched schools twice, so I went to a total of 3 middle schools, two public, one private. I got bullied quite a bit, because people don't know how to raise their children. I mostly was to myself, but I had like 4 close friends. About a year after my parent's divorce, my dad remarried. They are still married, I was really blessed, I could have had an evil stepmother, instead, I had one that loved me as her own. She can definitely get on my nerves, but I love her like I'd love any other close family.

Then on December 15th, 2008, I was at school. It was Monday, and I had the oddest feeling since I woke up that morning. I was at lunch when an on-campus police officer came and asked me what the code to our garage door was. He told me that my brother needed to get in and forgot the code. Now I know it was something entirely different. Two class periods later my Dad showed up to my school accompanied by my Pastor. That night we were supposed to go Christmas Caroling with a group at my church, so I thought they were taking me out early for that. On the ride home I kept asking what was up. My dad just said "your brother and sister are at the house". I could see a terrified expression on his face and just started crying, but I wasn't sure why. I entered the house and my brother and sister were on the couch loudly sobbing. I rushed over, crying myself, and asked
"what happened?" Then my dad replied
"Mommy had an accident", and I asked
"Is she okay?"
"No, she isn't"

My mother's death was a complete surprise. She had no life-threatening problems that we knew of. She did take quite a few medications for a mis-aligned jaw and constant migraines, but nothing that was lethal. The doctor's autopsy revealed that my mother died of a brain aneurism, likely causes by a drug reaction, along with the fact that my mother usually had a single glass of wine with dinner most nights. (Not that anything is wrong with that, something just went wrong.). I remember praying almost every night that God would take away my mother's financial debt, because she was always stressed. I think God answered that prayer, just not in a way I would have chosen. Still, cliche or not; I believe that everything happens for a reason. I was 12 at the time and went to live with my father and Step-mother full time.

A week after I lost my mother, I was over at my friend, Jared's house. He was the son of the Pastor whose church my father, step-mother and myself attended. We were being stupid, jumping off of roofs for the sake of "parkour". So, I jumped off the roof, and snapped my left leg in half, both the tibia and fibula. I got out of the hospital on Christmas Eve. Pretty crappy week in my books. I spent the next 2 months in a wheel chair, but on the bright side, I learned a lot of harmonica with all of my spare time. After this whole ordeal, I transferred to the private school at my church, Berea Baptist. I was there from halfway through 7th grade, til halfway through 9th grade.

Now for the more recent stuff. Halfway through 9th grade, I transferred to another private school, Lakeside Christian. I made friends quickly, was involved in Chapel (still am until I graduate in a month) and in Drama for 5 semesters. I absolutely love my school and I wouldn't want to go to any other high school. This is where I made some of the most close friends I've had since a small child. Lakeside is where I learned to play guitar and sing. Lakeside is where I had my first girlfriend (and then broke it off 5 months later because I was embarrassed of her). Lakeside is where I was constantly in fellowship with others who shared my faith in Christ.

Well, that's pretty much my story. All in all, I find myself among the blessed. Even though I lost my innocent view of the world, God's kept me in the faith through it all. I've never wanted to for anything, though I deserve nothing.
As for my plans for the future, I'm going to college for something in IT. I haven't decided which field as of yet, but I'll be taking some electives to decide during my first semester at the college I'll be attending. I still spend about 10 hours a day on the computer, 15 on days I have no school (And my dad is always lecturing me about doing something else) . I'm not to social a person, but I have my close group of friends. I hope to one day have an IT related job, to meet my wife, and to have as many children as I can afford. I'm so thankful for what God has done in my life and every person he's placed in my life along the way.

If you made it through this, you're a real soldier. Thanks for listening.

Yeah I'm gonna like this for most points, but my late condolences to you and your family. I actually did the same thing when my parents told me of the divorce, it is a rough turning point in life but it was interesting to see how both my mom and dad's personalities changed for the better once things were settled. Anyways good luck in your future endeavors and stick around T9k for even more years of fun :p.

Back