3D modeling

JerzeyLegend

I have no modeling experience what-so-ever, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on some starter programs. I'm messing around with tinker CAD right now, but I was wondering if there were any other noob friendly ones out there.

I'm trying to design a product that I'm very serious about and want a nice concept to gather interest on first.

Any tips? help? offerings?

Well, I was taught to use Maya first but it's a pretty complicated program if you don't know what you're doing. I'd personally suggest to go for Maya if you're really interested in doing that sort of stuff.
Something a little easier to get a hold of is Lightwave, which I learnt at TAFE. It's still pretty complicated but it's more-or-less the noob version of Maya.
If you're looking for something more clay type modelling go for Zbrush. It's an incredible program.

I must warn you though, all of these cost big money. There aren't really any 3D modelling programs out there that are substantial and free. A quick google search will give you all of the free programs out there.

Blender, and whatever program the peeps over at roosterteeth use to model their characters for Red vs Blue/RWBY.

There are barriers to entry of course.

Blender is most likely the best free 3d modeling program you can get. Its not bad, and the UI has definitely improved over the years.

Back