• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A 1:1 Scale Replica of a US Naval Destroyer

ARC360

Hello all this is a total remake of a us naval destroyer and i made it close to detailed as possible. i made this post because oozinator wanted to see my build because it sounded cool.... so here it is! These are photos on prep and design of the ship it took a while to make after set backs with creepers/ other mobs.

2012-01-06_02.01.57.png
2012-01-06_13.47.15.png
2012-01-06_13.48.03.png
2012-01-06_14.52.18.png
2012-01-13_00.49.02.png
2012-01-15_17.05.39.png
2012-01-15_17.07.07.png
2012-01-15_17.08.59.png

Hello all this is a total remake of a us naval destroyer and i made it close to detailed as possible. i made this post because oozinator wanted to see my build because it sounded cool.... so here it is! These are photos on prep and design of the ship it took a while to make after set backs with creepers/ other mobs.

View attachment 86105 View attachment 86106 View attachment 86107 View attachment 86108 View attachment 86109 View attachment 86110 View attachment 86111 View attachment 86112
It seems very blocky.

I was actually thinking that it'd be awesome to have a party ship out in survival. :D

It wouldn't really have a purpose. Just for show....

and teh lulz :D

If it was 1:1 it would be much bigger.

I was thinking of a group project recently, working on building a huge ship, maybe we should work together on making a huge party ship in the middle of the ocean?

Anyone up for that?

I know you worked hard on this an all, but, to be honest, you could have done a much better job.

1.) Its too low, give it some more height of the water.

2.) No details, its mostly blocky, and features very little windows, or any detail for that matter.

3.) I would have been more impressed if you said this was a barge.

I know you worked hard on this an all, but, to be honest, you could have done a much better job.

2.) No details, its mostly blocky, and features very little windows, or any detail for that matter.

BUUURRRNNNNNN! hahaha

What everybody else was thinking, but was too polite to say...

Glad somebody here is actually sincere (okay why the fuck am I rhyming now? :p)

It's not an insult, just constructive criticism. You'll never get good at anything if you don't keep working on it. I'm willing to bet if I tried making the same thing it'd be pretty crap-tacular. The great thing is you can tear it down and rebuild it, or keep adding and changing it until it looks like it should.

Arc, you get an A+ for effort and A+ for trying. You are far better than other people who don't bother replicating a battleship on account of poor confidence in their construction skills. Certainly, your details could be better, but that applies to most of us too. We are not all 3-D artists.
What's important is that you felt good enough about your design to show all of us. And props to actually making it a recognizable structure.

Although he was brusk about it, Jerzey is really giving you ideas for improvement. No piece of art is ever truly finished, only abandoned. Keep working Arc, you have a great start.

I was thinking of a group project recently, working on building a huge ship, maybe we should work together on making a huge party ship in the middle of the ocean?

Anyone up for that?

Dude, two words: Cruise Liner! Invite me to the planning committee when you get down on this, please.

Anyone up for that?
well despite my "poor building skills" i can help with that. sounds like fun

Back