A Comprehensive Guide to Meeting Aliens

GreenEarth

Don't fuck it up. :coffee:
1333561974390 (1).gif

Humorous, and yet it was still informative. I'm going to hang this in my cubicle, all two pages of it.

Guide to talking to aliens? just dont let a Vogon... oh wait, I see Patch has already made a Hitch-hikers Guide To The Galaxy reference, hmm awkward! Ill be umm, going now...

The fame part gets negated when they drop you off in a deserted place, where no one else sees their ship.
But... I dont wanna get killed :(
It's k, I'll make a statue and memorial in your honor.
Just because you met an alien does not make you more important than Jesus. I could care less for aliens.
You could care less because it hasn't happened. Like most could care less about going to Mars, or back in the day most didn't care for going to the Moon. As for the person meeting them, it would depend on the outcome, if humans get a major tech boost or something because of the meeting then maybe they deserve fame, otherwise I would be too excited about the aliens to think too much about the person who met them.

This is really fun to read. It makes me go over scenarios of how I should prove to aliens that humans are "intelligent." I would agree that basic Euclidean mathematics and astronomy is a great start towards that end.

The one thing I would be concerned with in attempting to communicate with aliens is committing cultural taboos. For example, what if pointing or waving my hand is a symbol of war in the alien culture? :eek:

This is really fun to read. It makes me go over scenarios of how I should prove to aliens that humans are "intelligent." I would agree that basic Euclidean mathematics and astronomy is a great start towards that end.

The one thing I would be concerned with in attempting to communicate with aliens is committing cultural taboos. For example, what if pointing or waving my hand is a symbol of war in the alien culture? :eek:

I would like to add that chances are that if aliens do exist then their hands (if they have any) would be extremely different than anything we have.

That's why you should let them make the first moves and observe them.

Oh, the fun I would have.

"So, alien dude, have you guys invented the bumplug yet?"

And always know where your towel is.
Guide to talking to aliens? just dont let a Vogon... oh wait, I see Patch has already made a Hitch-hikers Guide To The Galaxy reference, hmm awkward! Ill be umm, going now...
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

That man is a genius.
I really want to try this drink.

Back