• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A REAL blog a la Pixie

Beaubonic

But what do you do when you no longer see the light? When you close one door, but the other one doesn't seem to open. Do you turn back to the door you just closed; go back in? What if that door is locked? What if you forgot the keys on the table in the center of that windowless room? Are you stuck, waiting in the dark for someone, anyone, to hear your desperate cries? You feel alone, but are you really? You feel unwanted, left behind, left out.
Let me tell you now, you're not the only one who feels this way.

Lately, I've noticed that a few people have been feeling unwanted here at Team9000. To be completely honest, I was one of them. However, that quickly faded as soon as I let people know how I was feeling. So now, I want to let all of you know something.
First of all, you are wanted here. You could be the biggest troll on the planet, and someone here would still miss you if you left. Times that, tenfold, when you're actually a nice person. Just because people don't care about how you just posted a five line blog explaining that you just broke a nail, does NOT mean they don't care about you.
Secondly, I'm hearing a lot of, "People call me names, they tell me they hate me and that I'm mean." and when asked who does so, I receive replies like, "New kids, people who don't even know me!" - Well, that's just it, Dearies.. they don't know you. I don't understand how you can let people who have just arrived, and only spoken to you, what, maybe once, chase you away from a large community family that loves and tolerates the shit out of you. Also, for those of you who reply to "Who?" with "Vorsprung" or someone similar.. grow up.. Vorsprung hates everybody.
Thirdly, and this one is the biggest annoyance, "I'm leaving because I was demoted"... Woah there Nelly, hold the horses! You're leaving the most amazing place I've ever found, because you went down a rank in a game? Are you serious? I mean, it's not even a good game! So we'll leave this one where it lies.

Look people, I feel like I have some place to talk here, since I have been down this road, my reasons were bundled into the first one. I felt like I'd over-stayed my welcome, and nobody would even noticed if I were to leave. Let me tell you, I was wrong! I left Mumble, not even Team9000, just Mumble for a few days. I came back on and I felt that love that I'd thought was lost. So guess what, to anyone who was still worried I'd leave them; Fuck No!

To get back on track though, if you feel like you're truly hated here, and I don't mean by a couple of tweaky noobs, I mean if you feel hated by everyone; just take a break. Don't make a big fuss about how you're leaving and never coming back, just to show your face a couple days to a week later. All you get that way is, "I told you, you'd be back." and probably some people who actually will dislike you a bit more due to your, most likely, incoherent outrage about how we suck and hate you. We all know you only do that to get that attention, and tiny bit of reassurance, you so desperately crave. All you need to do is walk away, silently. Come back to us in a week or two. You show your face again, and the people who missed you, will be all over you. That's the reassurance you really want, and need. Trust me.
Everybody needs a break. It doesn't matter what it is, you'll eventually need a break from it; your spouse, your kids, your job, your games, and even Team9000. I mean fuck, even Wooty needs a break every now and then, I'm sure. Just because you, or anyone else, needs a break from something, or even someone, does not mean they hate it. However, if you do end up "hating" something, or someone, it typically only means you need an even longer break from it. It does not mean that you need to be rude or brash towards said person or thing. That just makes everything worse for everyone.
For those of you who still don't get it, let me put this in simpler terms; the internet is full of trolls and assholes. It is a place for people to get away from the real world, and hide behind animosity. I don't care if you are the most well known person on Team9000, you're still hiding something. Some of you, I feel as though what you portray online, could NEVER be the real you. I don't see how half of us could get through life acting the way we do on here, out in the real world. So, if you're too sensitive, and let a few people get you down, out of the literal thousands we have here, then you probably shouldn't even be on the internet to begin with.

TL;DR
Want to leave? Too bad! Grow up, shut up, take a 1-2 week break, and get your ass back here where you belong!

~ Love,
Pixie

P.S.
I will be bringing back Pixie's Blogs, and this is the first installment.

Nicely written and well thought out blog. Most of my old minecraft friends don't get on this site anymore but the laughs and interesting topics keep me coming, even though most people don't really like me. People's elitist attitudes are driving new members away though I am afraid.

All of you <3
Clayto: I don't have an issue with you.. I have an issue with konflakes :p jk
babybacon: It's a metric fuck-ton better than all three of your spam blogs on the front page...

Nice blog. I've kind of noticed a similar sort of angst throughout the community. Everyone on here adds something to T9k that makes it unique and special. Sure, not everyone is going to get along, but that's life and something people need to learn. You can still respect someone and not like them, for the most part.

Coming from someone who was an outsider until 25 days ago. This is one of the most unique communities on the internet. You will never find a group of people who, by all logic, should not get along, but do. This place doesn't really seem to be a community as much as a family. With the family feeling, however, comes one big truth. If you act like a fucking idiot, we will tell you. If you say something stupid, we will pick on you. This is what a family does. Someone may pick on you, and piss you off, but does your own irl family not do that at all? Just because someone picks on you doesn't mean they don't love you all the same.

Edit: I've met some fucking random people here. Some more awesome than others, and gotten to know a whole lot of people better than I did before. Personally, I've been here less than a month and I'm fairly sure I'll stick around here until we run this place into the ground. Very few communities on the internet are this big. Why, you might ask? Because very few of them have the feel of t9k. My view of this place is that it's the most amazingly awesome gang of misfits on the planet. We're a million puzzle pieces from different puzzles, that we've managed to twist in awkward (and sometimes sexual) positions to make it fit. There is a place for everyone here, if you don't think you fit in, try a different location on the puzzle. It's a huge fucking group and there are bound to be people like you. If there aren't, attract more people like you.

Sorry if that was a bit of a ramble. Just my 2 cents and what I've learned in my stay here ^^

Me and my ADHD, couldn't focus for that long. Scrolled to the bottom and saw the TL;DR. Scrolled back up and read it. Albeit I was spazing like a crazy bastard, but I read it. It was good <3

Pixiel ur very nice i would like you to be felt good in t9k. nuff said ur NICE!

Back