• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A simple proposal

Should we have a "Goodbye to Firethorn" week?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
I think we should have a "Goodbye to Firethorn" week. Wooty could downgrade the server, and we could downgrade our clients. I have uploaded-- link removed-- for everyone to download, plus Wooty if he has to. Don't worry about viruses, I uploaded it myself. 1.1_02 is the latest stable version of MC that does work with all hey0 mods (I think). If Wooty actually decides to do this, I will give instructions on how to downgrade the client very easily.

Vote on the poll above if you want a "Goodbye to Firethorn" week!
EDIT: I see tshinotu145 has some intrest in the downgrade, so I'll just go ahead and post how to downgrade.​
1. Go to where your minecraft.jar file is stored. (Usually C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)​
2. Delete it.​
3. Copy and paste the downloaded minecraft.jar into that folder.​
You won't lose your new cloth in singleplayer, as long as you don't go on the save that has them.
To go back to the lastest version, simply delete the "version" file in C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin

I'm afraid that uploading minecraft.jar on your own is illegal, thats why you had to download it separately from WoM x.X

Wooty is going to upload the map to MediaFire for anyone to download and explorer in single-player. (If that is any consolation.)

Sorry for the double post, but I have another idea- What if Wooty just downgraded altogether and we did too? I don't think those plugins are going to be updated for a while, or when they do Notch is just going to make another update.

Sorry for the double post, but I have another idea- What if Wooty just downgraded altogether and we did too? I don't think those plugins are going to be updated for a while, or when they do Notch is just going to make another update.
I don't know if he's going to do that again or not, he did it in the past, but that's just because the game was totally unplayable. At this point in time the game is playable it's just susceptible to grief. I think people should just learn to hide their stuff better and mine enough obsidian to make their houses out of that :O

I don't know if he's going to do that again or not, he did it in the past, but that's just because the game was totally unplayable. At this point in time the game is playable it's just susceptible to grief. I think people should just learn to hide their stuff better and mine enough obsidian to make their houses out of that :O

Yeah, people need to relax I think. Besides public buildings which should be grief-free, people should just learn to play better and hide their homes and whatnot. For example, the house I built on the last map was less then 30 seconds from spawn, yet I had hid it and no one ever came in as far as I know. Even still, the game is supposed to be survival and if everyone is just building lame houses and then placing all their stuff in chests, there is no fun. I would much rather play on a world where people spread out more, learned to build intricate houses, with traps, maybe, and actually tried to do something different. /end opinion

Yeah, people need to relax I think. Besides public buildings which should be grief-free, people should just learn to play better and hide their homes and whatnot. For example, the house I built on the last map was less then 30 seconds from spawn, yet I had hid it and no one ever came in as far as I know. Even still, the game is supposed to be survival and if everyone is just building lame houses and then placing all their stuff in chests, there is no fun. I would much rather play on a world where people spread out more, learned to build intricate houses, with traps, maybe, and actually tried to do something different. /end opinion
Like pvp? Because castle building pvp battles and turning minecraft into a sort of mmo-esque game sounds appealing to me.

Back