• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A suggestion for the guest worlds.

Melelos

Hello everyone,

Well the suggestion I got in mind came to my head randomly when I was messing around with the trees of the guest world.

Basically what I thought of was, if it is possible to edit the guest worlds in regards to their season. In other words, for example we're still in winter season, so perhaps change the blocks of Trees and Ground to White, so it would look like it had snowed, and when the season changes again, change these 2 bits. Perhaps the sky can be edited as well.

I'm just pointing out suggestions, nothing more nothing less. Don't know how much it would take for an admin to provide such changes or even if these changes are possible. All I'm saying is, that it would be more fun for those guests who join this server daily, to experience perhaps something new. For us builders I do know there are some zones that got specific themes. But yet again, most of us interfier with the guest worlds daily, and it would't hurt if we changed the daily routine a bit now would it?

With regards
Melelos

We do this, to a certain extent. IE: Christmas guest world is all white and snowy and amazing, and halloween was obsidian and lava and the like.

What you need to keep in mind with this is that we are an international community. IE It is cold(relatively) In the states and northern hemisphere right now, and it is hotter than hell(relatively speaking) in the southern hemisphere...

We do this, to a certain extent. IE: Christmas guest world is all white and snowy and amazing, and halloween was obsidian and lava and the like.

What you need to keep in mind with this is that we are an international community. IE It is cold(relatively) In the states and northern hemisphere right now, and it is hotter than hell(relatively speaking) in the southern hemisphere...

Yeah, don't be forgetting us Down Under...

I see.

Well, regarding the hemisphere part, since the server is located in the USA, if I'm correct, I would say follow that example regarding the weather conditions. Apart from that, you mentioned that for example during christmas the world "was all white and snowy and amazing", why can't we extent that "specific time", into lets say a more flexible program.
In a more broad way to explain this: Spring World (March, April, May) - Summer World (June, July, August) - Autumn World (September, October, November) - Winter World (December, January, February).

All I'm saying is, if it was that amazing when it happened, why don't we expand its duration a bit longer. I don't see any reason why anyone would downvote such a fact. We all have a specific season we "love", so why not give everyone a feeling of what season we are crossing each time.

By the way, thanks for replying to my previous post.

In the end, it's a nice little novelty to have during the holidays, but otherwise it serves to confuse and alienate.

Back