• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

A very interesting concept.

bhamwildcar

While taking a stroll from Woodlawn to Roebuck the other morning (don't ask me how far it is, it takes a couple hours which is plenty of time to think), I was reminiscing (holy crap I spelled it right) on how simple and care-free my life was before I became an adult. Even though I wasn't the most awesome kid on the planet, and I learned quickly to hate my parents with a passion for not putting me up for adoption, and we never did have much, I didn't have a care in the world. I walked around not caring about anything. And I realized that, for the most part, I was happy. And now I am probably one of the most depressed people on the planet. So I came to two deductions from this: One, I hated my life, and two, I would be happier if I didn't care about anything anymore. So I made the decision to not care about anything. At all. It's working. I feel happier already.

I think I can learn from this. Considering how I'm always depressed. But I always look at the good side of depression (yes there is one).

Sometimes it is better to forget. Other times it is wise to come to terms with the problems in your life. You simply need to make that choice and act fully on that.

I have a theory that kids have more endorphins (aka feel-good neurochemicals) to help them cope with living in an adult's world. But now that we're older and of the age where we have mastered our environment (supposedly), our genetic programming tells our bodies that we do not need to produce so much of it because we've "matured" and are capable of handling all of life's problems. Unfortunately nowadays, that isn't the case; we still have tons of problems and stress as adults. Just a theory.

Back