Aliens?

rsmv2you

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...l-kepler-planets-may-be-real-deal/?test=faces

alienssquare.jpg

12024479.jpg

Better pack a lunch and get to that planet, someone else might mine all of the diamond.

are the memes even necessary? had you written a short commentary summarizing the main point of the link, this thread could have probably passed for quality....instead its just another thread with picture memes....sigh.
To be honest, I think if he hadn't put that picture of that meme, we would have spammed the thread with them anyway.
And all the serious conversations are on the political threads and stuff, these kind of things from NASA come every now and then, talk of planets and whatnot. I don't think it would be taken seriously anyway so yeah.

To be honest, I think if he hadn't put that picture of that meme, we would have spammed the thread with them anyway.
And all the serious conversations are on the political threads and stuff, these kind of things from NASA come every now and then, talk of planets and whatnot. I don't think it would be taken seriously anyway so yeah.

To be honest, there probably would be a lot more content to read and reply to on here if it weren't for so many of those damn picture posts.

I, personally, find these discoveries very fascinating and intruiging and am always happy to hear that NASA is still making discoveries in spite of basically having it's mahood cut-off with planned human missions to Mars canned. The idea of one day being able to travel to another planet has always been a dream somewhere in my mind and these breakthroughs only solidfy the possibility of such an event occurring.

To be honest, there probably would be a lot more content to read and reply to on here if it weren't for so many of those damn picture posts.

I, personally, find these discoveries very fascinating and intruiging and am always happy to hear that NASA is still making discoveries in spite of basically having it's mahood cut-off with planned human missions to Mars canned. The idea of one day being able to travel to another planet has always been a dream somewhere in my mind and these breakthroughs only solidfy the possibility of such an event occurring.
In my younger days, I used to read books that said that by now, we'd be having lunar cities with atmospheric domes and having missions to Mars. I too, wonder what has happened and actually wish that NASA would continue to try and launch missions to Mars. However, most people regard such missions as these with dismissive statements such as "This is where my tax money is going."

I will admit, it is quite fascinating, but to most people they regard this as a waste of time, when others believe that far more important things should be done here on Earth, with all the problems going on right now. I'm afraid I am not completely certain that I will ever have the chance to one day leave this planet, or see human expansion into space occurring, but you never know, look at how fast the world has developed in the last 100 years.

this is exactly what I am talking about, spaming and derailing threads with the picture memes is really gotten out of hand. we are team9000, not 4chan. I would like to think we can hold ourselves to a higher standard and it is that type of thinking that will continue to intensify this ongoing trend on the forums. to put it best, a bucket of shit, with a couple flecks of gold in it, is still just a bucket of shit. is there something of worth in that bucket, yes, but nobody wants to sift through it to find it.

this is exactly what I am talking about, spaming and derailing threads with the picture memes is really gotten out of hand. we are team9000, not 4chan. I would like to think we can hold ourselves to a higher standard and it is that type of thinking that will continue to intensify this ongoing trend on the forums. to put it best, a bucket of shit, with a couple flecks of gold in it, is still just a bucket of shit. is there something of worth in that bucket, yes, but nobody wants to sift through it to find it.
I think part of the reason that most threads quickly become so random is that we are a gaming based forum. Minecraft is the main game that brings us all together. You'll see that people generally stay on topic whenever on the Threads that discuss building, organization and whatnot.
But when some of the threads don't even make sense to begin with:

HI everyone i hate to tell u first im sooooooooooooooooooo mad cause i didn,t promote because there is no internet in my computer :( plus i hate to tell u........................frost,lav and pat where are u i didnt see u in days
Its like im alone all i do is helping someone i don,t know. Frost i wanna tell u thank u 4 ur help 4 building the rainbow tower. Lav i wanna tell u that i did layer but someone mess up with it and thank 4 putting me in a cage cause that wasn,t friendly i was just senting something to my old pal. And pat thanks 4 letting my life great and helping me. Oh and banana thank 4 the help too i miss u plz comment me if ur there i will be online if i can.
You can see why some people feel the need to not take things seriously, and just fool around.

I think most of the meme and image-spammed threads are in the the "Random" Forum anyway. 4chan's /b/ is parallel to our /random.2/. The description of that area is "For those... less important discussions".

RSMV's first post seemed to be inviting a spamfest to arrive, while more serious threads like this one: https://www.team9000.net/threads/dont-miss-curiosity-mars-rover-launch-live.14850/
Simply die out because of how formal they appear...

I am sure most of us would be able to hold an intellectual conversation but browsing through this thread is what students like I do in between classes, or perhaps others between their Word documents and Excel Files: with only a few minutes to actually put something in before having to get back to business. I would love for there to be a "Serious" Forums since I agree that sometimes, people trying to appear more random and (supposedly funnier) than the previous one does tend to get boring.

Woah woah woah....Dude, I don't see Team9000 going in a 4chan direction and to be honest, these meme pics are not ruining team9000. I understand your strive for a nice thread with a topic that can be worth talking about, and then someone derails it. I can see why that would be a nuisance, but honestly, I found this news story to be a load of crap thrown on a pan and cooked up into a news segment.

So I found this topic not to be serious, so I put 2 images expressing my reaction to this in a joking manner. Whatever is posted after that is simply the following matter of this topic not being worth talking about. Whether or not I start the thread with a reasonable header explaining what it is, or I start it with 2 meme pics expressing how I felt about it does not stop you from posting a reasonable opinion on the matter.

Now, I know your talking in a whole here, and most derailed threads are honestly welcome threads and random threads that don't have any relevance what so ever, and if a serious thread gets derailed, it gets back on that rail later on. Team9000 is what it is today because all the laughs and awesome moments people post that they be either in the form of a meme pic or the form of a string of posts that are derailed that end in something funny then it goes back on topic. This is Team9000, we are not 4chan, I don't see how derails and meme pics make us like 4chan, if that is the case, there is a difference between us and 4chan. If those are are only relevance's then the difference between the 2 is we have everything nuder control.

Godlib, even though we may appear random at timesmost of the time, at least now you can see that both of us High School Sophomores are still somewhat capable of writing in complete, coherent sentences, and not
alone.

Godlib, even though we may appear random at timesmost of the time, at least now you can see that both of us on the younger end of the age spectrum are still somewhat capable of writing in complete, coherent sentences, and not
alone.
You right in the first edit, we are both sophomores.

Back