• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

An exciting opportunity

Nordiclovepotion

Recently, I was accepted to go on an educational trip to Turkey, not a boring one, but any trip to one of the world's oldest surviving nations is bound to be educational in some way or another. I was selected out of a group of other applicants for my dashing good looks and copious amounts of charm. I am extremely excited about this and just wanted to share it with you all. During the trip, I get to look around the capital, Istanbul, I get to take a several-days-long backpacking trip up the Kachkar mountains, and I get to stay a while in the canyons and valleys of the Cappadoccia region. Being the historical nerd I am, I am totally stoked about this trip :D
-Nordic
P.S Feel free to ask questions.

@Gurw Lol, while I believe this to be true, it's a homeschool group so there isn't a teacher. I'm not homeschooled anymore though, but they don't discriminate.

Turkey is one of the world's oldest surviving nations? The country was founded October 29th 1923. The land which is currently known to be Turkey was once occupied by one of the oldest groups of people, however, if that is what you meant :p Anyways, congratulations! I hope you enjoy your trip. I aspire to travel to the Middle East for a study abroad opportunity while in college.

Have fun! But not too much fun... But also not too little fun.... Have somewhere in the middle fun :D

Down a venti-size cup of Turkish coffee.*

LIKEABOSS

*DISCLAIMER: For health reasons, this is highly ill-advised. DO NOT actually do this. Start small instead. ;)

Sounds awesome. This is a great opportunity. One of my friends from school recently went to Turkey. Remember to check out the T. V. channels. I hear there's some pretty messed up stuff going on there.

I woke myself up to come on to this blog, to say 'Don't get Taken 2'.

Word for word this filthy gronk beat me too it.

Back