Anime Openings Thread

Also, Naruto seems to usually have sub par openings but great songs for said openings, however, this one I believe goes above tier in both.
Naruto's story has changed so much over the past 10 years. We went from Naruto spamming clone jutsu to defeat one enemy to Madara annihilating half of the shinobi alliance in a good half hour.

Bar the first Diamond and Pearl theme, I've always enjoyed the pokemon themes.

Note: I was trying to avoid using this video due to the stupid border crap, but it is surprisingly difficult to find the pokemon themes in video form on Youtube. >.>;

Wait, here's one thats fantastic.
Not only is the music great, the visuals are stunning
EDIT: Here's a full version of the song too, just in case anyone wants to hear it.

Kill la Kill opening + Gurren Lagann opening song. Works so well!

SPOILERS GURREN LAGANN/KILL LA KILL

But here's the actual Gurren Lagann opening (couldn't find the first one somehow but they're all similar):

This totally fits in with my headcanon that both these anime are set in the same universe, and that the Kamui are an early form of the Ganmen.

gurren2.jpg

kill_la_kill___kamui_senketsu_by_krukmeister-d6r84do.png

Through developing the Life Fibers, they will eventually discover Spiral Energy. The reason why Kiryuuin and Ryuko are the only ones (so far?) who can handle the Kamui is because they can utilize their spiral powers.

Ryuko is Simon's great great great great great great grandmother. Hair, color scheme, and even clothing are quite similar. Dark blue hair, blue and red clothing, midriff/chest exposed. The yellow on Senketsu's eyes is paralleled by the yellow on Simon's goggles.

2537132-kill_la_kill_ryuko_matoi_renderavatar.png

Simon-tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-28143568-1024-576.jpg

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

This totally fits in with my headcanon that both these anime are set in the same universe, and that the Kamui are an early form of the Ganmen.

gurren2.jpg

kill_la_kill___kamui_senketsu_by_krukmeister-d6r84do.png

Through developing the Life Fibers, they will eventually discover Spiral Energy. The reason why Kiryuuin and Ryuko are the only ones (so far?) who can handle the Kamui is because they can utilize their spiral powers.

Ryuko is Simon's great great great great great great grandmother. Hair, color scheme, and even clothing are quite similar. Dark blue hair, blue and red clothing, midriff/chest exposed. The yellow on Senketsu's eyes is paralleled by the yellow on Simon's goggles.

2537132-kill_la_kill_ryuko_matoi_renderavatar.png

Simon-tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-28143568-1024-576.jpg

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.
imagine if the anime ended with some correlation to ttgl and some long time passes and it suddenly dives deep underground and you see a drill break from a tiny opening and you see simons head pop out and then the anime ends there.

imagine if the anime ended with some correlation to ttgl and some long time passes and it suddenly dives deep underground and you see a drill break from a tiny opening and you see simons head pop out and then the anime ends there.
>"Don't Lose Yourself" is playing in the background
>Soundtrack slowly fades away to an orchestral piece that vaguely resembles KLK OST
>Ryuuko and everyone else is celebrating having defeated whatever dude was the "final boss" (I seriously don't think it's Kiryuin, she's basically female Genome anyway)
>Timelapse of Honnouji academy and the surrounding city as it slowly starts to become developed
>Honnouji academy begins to look like Tepellin
>Camera pans far away in one direction, then dives deep down
>Soundtrack changes it's mood, becomes more active and lively, with TTGL vibes
>A bit of dirt breaks off from the side of a wall, a drill suddenly pops out, face remains hidden
>Opening riff of "Sorario Days" is blared out
>TUN NUNUN NUNUN! TUN NUNUNUN! TUN NUN NUNUN!
>Fade to black

>"Don't Lose Yourself" is playing in the background
>Soundtrack slowly fades away to an orchestral piece that vaguely resembles KLK OST
>Ryuuko and everyone else is celebrating having defeated whatever dude was the "final boss" (I seriously don't think it's Kiryuin, she's basically female Genome anyway)
>Timelapse of Honnouji academy and the surrounding city as it slowly starts to become developed
>Honnouji academy begins to look like Tepellin
>Camera pans far away in one direction, then dives deep down
>Soundtrack changes it's mood, becomes more active and lively, with TTGL vibes
>A bit of dirt breaks off from the side of a wall, a drill suddenly pops out, face remains hidden
>Opening riff of "Sorario Days" is blared out
>TUN NUNUN NUNUN! TUN NUNUNUN! TUN NUN NUNUN!
>Fade to black
All my yes, only replace the soraria days and ttgl vibes with this soundtrack

as it dives underground. Time it to cut to black right as it hits 0:38
So something like this
Did this in like 30 minutes.

I have 3 favourite openings:

3. Deadman Wonderland

2. Soul Eater

1. Sword Art Online (I know it has already been posted in this thread)

Back