• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Aqua City

eliteaustin

Aqua City

What is Aqua City?
Aqua City is a town I created on another server when I left this one back in 1.6. Aqua City is a city fully under the ocean. The city is a combination of long underwater walkways with glass roof's and huge dome like areas. Aqua City was a friendly town where everyone helped with something and no one was left behind.

Problems with Aqua City?
  • Hard to build underwater
  • Over 100,000 blocks to mine out on one dome (Over 90 Diamond Picks)
  • Needs Lots of workers
  • Don't know if people want to live there

Photos

Top of Deluxe Area 1

Middle of Deluxe Area 1

Bottom of Deluxe Area 1

Full View of Deluxe Area 1

My House in the City

Another House in Aqua

Sky View of Deluxe Area 1

The Cheaper Plots

Deluxe Area 2

Top of Deluxe Area 2

Application

1) Username
2) What can you help us with?
3) Do you have "Sign Island" priveleges?
4) Describe your experience with minecraft in general. Have you joined any towns previously? If so, why did you leave them?
5) What do you expect from Aqua City as a community?

Guys tell me what you think about The city and should I make it.

-Eliteaustin​

1) torban
2) good with design/sketchup/paint. Dont mind the more mundane aspects, good with wiring.
3) Yes
4) Have been playing for 2 years, play casually (t9k around a year i think), and usually keep to myself. I have been in a few towns on t9k but damned if i could recall the names. I created my own towns on the past 2 wipes (ignoring the release temp maps) just as a safe way of building things i haven't built. If i ever left a town it was due to inactivity.
5) As a community, nothing too special. i would expect a protected chest for some of the top 10 finer items, all other things would be open to sharing. Some form of an idea or a general sketch of what to build/change and i would be good to go. I have never worked and built anything elaborate underwater, as is what peaked my interest in this post (mostly the manpower need is why i haven't).

Bonus) You could expect me to be fairly active, and when im on its usually pretty hardcore towards one task or another. Yes i will mumble/vent/ts if building or working on some involved stuff as chat is really a joke when it comes to that. other than that i like to chill and do my own thing. have no problem farming mats provided the build it provides to is impressive.

If i sound like an asset let me know, if not no feelings are hurt. Thanks!

Ah epic!

I'd love to help you with this endeavor. It looks like your old city was roughly sixteen 32 x 32 plots. With the way the economy is set up in this world, it might be awhile before you get that big (depending on location relative to spawn).

As to whether you should start a town, this world might have a few underwater towns or seaborne towns (for example, there's a town called Atlantis), so if you don't mind taking a more backseat approach, you could join up with them. It would definitely help with plot purchasing.

However, I understand that an ambitious project like Aqua City might require your own personal oversight/direction, so I say go ahead and start the town. If it doesn't work out, it will be a big "condo plot" at worst. Alternatively, you could postpone your decision to make the town, join another town, and in the mean time, gather funds to start Aqua City. Plots over water aren't being snatched up quickly any way. :p

If you do make Aqua City, here's my application for the whitelist.

1) oozinator
2) Mainly resource gathering. I'm an amateur with redstone compared to most players here, but I know how to make simple repeating circuits and such. One of my favorite things to do is cave exploring, so I'd be helpful in locating spawners.
3) Yes
4) For the most part, my Minecraft experience has been positive. I was in Shroomville (official 1.0 thru 1.2.5 world), and I left because the town died out. I am currently whitelisted for this world in Bastion, error, and MrFrog90's and 1creator34's condo plots.
5) I'd like to be whitelisted for your town because I think you have an excellent concept, and I would love to help and bring it to fruition. Because I am active in other towns, my time might be divided, but I think some help is better than no help. As for what I expect from Aqua City, I think you summed it up best with: a "friendly town where everyone helped with something and no one was left behind".

I'm fairly new to survival, but I'm in good standing with T9K. I'm also connected with a bunch of talented builders who'd be willing to lend a hand from time to time. Overall, I put more into towns than I take from it (I'm basically the opposite of a thief), and I don't mind following orders. Give me a reasonable task, and I'll do my best to get it done.

One of my earliest builds in Classic was an underwater community, so I do have a fascination with undersea builds. I know that building underwater in Classic is much easier than in Survival, but for curiosity's sake, here are pics of my build:

sea_god2-jpg.55176

sea_red-jpg.55177

TL;DR version: I'm trustworthy, but I probably won't be as dedicated to Aqua City as you'd expect from a full-time resident. But with the way towns work in this world, you've got nothing to lose by whitelisting me.

1) torban
2) good with design/sketchup/paint. Dont mind the more mundane aspects, good with wiring.
3) Yes
4) Have been playing for 2 years, play casually (t9k around a year i think), and usually keep to myself. I have been in a few towns on t9k but damned if i could recall the names. I created my own towns on the past 2 wipes (ignoring the release temp maps) just as a safe way of building things i haven't built. If i ever left a town it was due to inactivity.
5) As a community, nothing too special. i would expect a protected chest for some of the top 10 finer items, all other things would be open to sharing. Some form of an idea or a general sketch of what to build/change and i would be good to go. I have never worked and built anything elaborate underwater, as is what peaked my interest in this post (mostly the manpower need is why i haven't).

Bonus) You could expect me to be fairly active, and when im on its usually pretty hardcore towards one task or another. Yes i will mumble/vent/ts if building or working on some involved stuff as chat is really a joke when it comes to that. other than that i like to chill and do my own thing. have no problem farming mats provided the build it provides to is impressive.

If i sound like an asset let me know, if not no feelings are hurt. Thanks!

Torban, You seem dedicated to help build this project. I would be out of my mind to not let you in on this, so I am going to hire you as a worker to the town and resident. If the town is a success you should count on being promoted to a higher ranking.

Application Accepted

1) oozinator
2) Mainly resource gathering. I'm an amateur with redstone compared to most players here, but I know how to make simple repeating circuits and such. One of my favorite things to do is cave exploring, so I'd be helpful in locating spawners.
3) Yes
4) For the most part, my Minecraft experience has been positive. I was in Shroomville (official 1.0 thru 1.2.5 world), and I left because the town died out. I am currently whitelisted for this world in Bastion, error, and MrFrog90's and 1creator34's condo plots.
5) I'd like to be whitelisted for your town because I think you have an excellent concept, and I would love to help and bring it to fruition. Because I am active in other towns, my time might be divided, but I think some help is better than no help. As for what I expect from Aqua City, I think you summed it up best with: a "friendly town where everyone helped with something and no one was left behind".

I'm fairly new to survival, but I'm in good standing with T9K. I'm also connected with a bunch of talented builders who'd be willing to lend a hand from time to time. Overall, I put more into towns than I take from it (I'm basically the opposite of a thief), and I don't mind following orders. Give me a reasonable task, and I'll do my best to get it done.

One of my earliest builds in Classic was an underwater community, so I do have a fascination with undersea builds. I know that building underwater in Classic is much easier than in Survival, but for curiosity's sake, here are pics of my build:

TL;DR version: I'm trustworthy, but I probably won't be as dedicated to Aqua City as you'd expect from a full-time resident. But with the way towns work in this world, you've got nothing to lose by whitelisting me.

Oozinator, your the type of guy we need on this build. You are creative, well know, and trustworthy. It ok that the city is your number one priority but I need all the help i can get

Application Accepted

Back