Art Name Idea! :)

Maybe Phoenix Designs? :p
I like that! But before you start, think of the kind of art you will sell and what really interests you. Getting a name very relevant to either of these is best, just like how you thought up "Phoenix Designs" because you like phoenixes. You wouldn't want to name your company "The Space Monkeys", if most of the art depicts elephants with hats.

Edit: Also think about how your business name will influence your costumers. Make sure you don't get a name that's going to scare them away... "Art for Rapists"

In all seriousness, you need to make some choices.

Are you going to be a serious designer, who makes clothes to actually wear (but cost thousands)?
Go fer something snazzy, and just a wee bit pretentious. Like "Perfection", or "Cutting Edge". Something that implies awesomeness.

Are you going to be a hip, indy fashionista, who sticks it to the man, with avant-garde designs, from Europe, darling?
Go fer something out there. Something unique, like "Phoenix", or "The Blood of Children". Something that intrigues.

Are you going to be realistic, and do good shit and shit? With shit?
Call it something utalitarian, like "Kurtis", or "Clothes", or "Le Good Scarfs".

Yeah. Just get that good level of uniqueness vs. secularity vs. pretentiousness.

I like that! But before you start, think of the kind of art you will sell and what really interests you. Getting a name very relevant to either of these is best, just like how you thought up "Phoenix Designs" because you like phoenixes. You wouldn't want to name your company "The Space Monkeys", if most of the art depicts elephants with hats.

Edit: Also think about how your business name will influence your costumers. Make sure you don't get a name that's going to scare them away... "Art for Rapists"

Read the above post. :p

In all seriousness, you need to make some choices.

Are you going to be a serious designer, who makes clothes to actually wear (but cost thousands)?
Go fer something snazzy, and just a wee bit pretentious. Like "Perfection", or "Cutting Edge". Something that implies awesomeness.

Are you going to be a hip, indy fashionista, who sticks it to the man, with avant-garde designs, from Europe, darling?
Go fer something out there. Something unique, like "Phoenix", or "The Blood of Children". Something that intrigues.

Are you going to be realistic, and do good shit and shit? With shit?
Call it something utalitarian, like "Kurtis", or "Clothes", or "Le Good Scarfs".

Yeah. Just get that good level of uniqueness vs. secularity vs. pretentiousness.

When I do fashion I already have the label picked out, I'm just trying to think of a good art company name.

I think the name should really reflect your style in some symbolic way. This way, when people go to buy, they can get a feel of what you've got before they even look at a single piece.

Pop art, and abstract designs. That's what I'm best at. :)

Pop and abstract art would both see a benefit from you taking the name of phoenix somewhere in the name, due to the phoenix being a mythical beast (abstract), and rises up from its ashes, shining brighter than ever before. (pop) Purple would also fit in nicely is you can describe your art as "out-of-the-ordinary". If I recall correctly, phoenixes had the potential to be the typical orange-ish color, turning to a bluish-white with age and health. No purple anywhere to be seen. :p

transcendent creations studio
ambrosial craft studio
phantasmagorical
surreal
hypnagogic
hypnotic design studio
ethereal design studio
seraphic design studio

Back