art project (we need you!)

DutchCheese

Dear friends,

For an art project for school I’m planning on making a collage out of pictures from all over the world, pictures of people holding a note that says ‘We are’ in their own language.

The theme of the project is that we are all words, words that are traveling/passing through. Therefore I hope to add as many countries/locations as possible, and I will pin these locations on a world map.

So my question to you is : could you take a picture of yourself (or someone else!) , if possible at a place that represents your country, with a note that says ‘we are’ but in your language? Oh and if possible, ask foreign friends to help too!

The deadline is in a 2 or 3 months, but as soon as possible would be easiest for me. I’m hoping that many people will be willing to send a picture, so my project will be a success, and I will upload the results as soon as it’s done.

Thanks a lot!
- a friend of mine

So if you're interested, post a picture and i'll make sure she gets it :)

Dutcheese's picture.jpg

Hope its worth it, cause I think got high off the Sharpie fumes.

thankchu, could you also say what country you're all from? ^^
and what is that 3rd one, sign language? :p
Well I don't think where I come from is relevant to what I drew for this project... so, I'll go with United States I guess? And yeah, it's sign language. If you want to be technical lol, it's American Sign Language.

I'm pretty sure these need to be legit guys. We in the US just aren't special enough. Let's just let the more interesting people handle this.

Is it okay for multiple of them to be in the same language? I could also do it in German, which I sort of speak, but I have a cool place to do it in and sort of want to leave that to the Germans.

Hey, this is DutchCheese's friend haha :D
made an acount here to reply to this thread, lol.
Thanks so much for the photos!

As further explanation:
The locations are kinda relevant because I'll be including them in the project, I'm thinking of using a map with QR codes (on the countries) , that will show the photo when scanned. So just a city you live near to would do. If you don't want to share your location, just name a different location, I've no way to check that anyway.. Lol.
Multiple photos from the same country doesn't have to be a problem, depends. Especially USA is so big that it wouldn't be a problem if I have 5 or 10. The same language isn't a problem either, and if you're bilingual you could include both languages. Feel free to be creative ^^

And again, thanks a lot! <3

As further explanation:
The locations are kinda relevant because I'll be including them in the project, I'm thinking of using a map with QR codes (on the countries) , that will show the photo when scanned. So just a city you live near to would do. If you don't want to share your location, just name a different location, I've no way to check that anyway.. Lol.
Multiple photos from the same country doesn't have to be a problem, depends. Especially USA is so big that it wouldn't be a problem if I have 5 or 10. The same language isn't a problem either, and if you're bilingual you could include both languages. Feel free to be creative ^^

Will just giving my state work instead of city? Maybe? I dunno...

As further explanation:

If that's the case, i Call Polish!! :D

Back