• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Artist of the day: Savant

Donvittorio

Sup gangstas! As promised, here's the next AOTD! Today I bring you a quite autistic but amazingly artistic producer, Aleksander Vinter, better known as Savant!

avatars-000026067643-tfb2q6-crop.jpg

"Aleksander Vinter is a prodigious savant with aspergers syndrome and a fracture of ADD. He thinks out songs in seconds and produces them within few hours. To this date Aleksander has composed/produced over 10,000 songs in various genres."
This is his biography he wrote himself and it is quite true! This genious releases a new track every week or so, and every single album of his is composed of more tracks than I have ever produced in my life!

--Savant - Overworld (Original Mix)

The intro makes you think as if you were playing Banjo-Kazooie, composed in a very classical fashion with those surprisingly well sounding midi instruments! This is followed by my favorite glitch hop drop of all time, so musical! Only a genious could come up with such gold.

--Savant - Alchemist ft. Gino Sydal

Another amazing intro, this time having a more medieval feel. This is followed by a drumstep sequence featuring another solo I adore. Afterwards with some buildup using 808 samples comes that freaking drop. Oh my god that drop sounds so amazing with those wonderful harmonies. This is quickly followed by a Drum 'n' Bass sequence, which fits so perfectly with the previous part. One of the best tracks of 2012 in my opinion!

--Kelis - Milkshake (Savant Remix)

I'm amazed how he could make such a bad song into a great EDM track! You just have to hear it to believe it. It remains a mystery to me why is isn't played more often at clubs.

Hope you enjoyed guys, and to every EDM freak who hadn't heard of Savant before, no need to thank me!
Don Vittorio out.

Back