• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

As an old coal miner once said...

Wooty

Staff member
... Firethorn is changing. Feeling a little spoiled in your huge house? Pampered by your convenient 10-story automatic cactus harvester? Enjoy the safe, bright pathways between every destination? Don't get too comfortable.

Notch's recent Minecraft Beta update has brought a lot of new content into the game, including dyes, music blocks, sandstone, squids, and more. But our dear old Firethorn has a lot of history behind it. It just can't handle the burden of all these fancy new features! So, in order to breathe some new life into the land, the following steps will take place immediately following the release of the new Minecraft modding platform:
  1. Firethorn, Xankul, and the Arcane Blades as you know them today, will cease to exist. The lands will be packaged up, and put up as a download for anyone who wishes to re-visit them in single player.
  2. A new world will be created, consisting not of multiple distinct continents, but one vast open land. Anyone can venture, unhindered, direct from one end to the other. But don't venture too far, because the last thing you want to do is fall off the side of the world...
  3. Multiple cities will be created around the world. These will be safe-zones, and zombies will not spawn within city limits. This is where you can build your houses, create skyscrapers, and trade with other players. A fast travel system will be available (at a cost) between the major cities.
  4. Outside of the city limits is not as peaceful. This is where you can make temporary buildings, mine for resources, and explore the world. But watch out! Zombies will be waiting for you at every corner... Also, these outlands will not be permanent. Any time Notch introduces new elements, creates new creature types, or adds new game functionality, the outlands are subject to a full reset. So build in the cities, stay safe, and keep an eye out.
Welcome... to the new World of Team9000...

Meh. I guess it will make me not get bored of the game... but it could happen like 2 weeks later and let me finish everything i was doing :3

1. Is this the city mod where players are allowed to create their own city (and thus run their own city as a mayor)? Or are cities going to be created when we create the new world?

2. Are any new mods/plugins going to be introduced in this new world?

Great! I'm looking forward to it, but will every player will be assigned a specific piece of land? Because the cities are bound to become full.. Or will they just become huge so there will be plenty of space?

Anyway, there's just one question more I'd like to ask, and it's the most important one anyway:

When?!

I hope we're keeping all the craftbook features... right? :p

Of course - assuming the creator of CraftBook finishes his port before the transfer. (We can always add it later).

1. Is this the city mod where players are allowed to create their own city (and thus run their own city as a mayor)? Or are cities going to be created when we create the new world?

Cities will be created together with the new world. No mayor for you! :O

2. Are any new mods/plugins going to be introduced in this new world?

Such as?

Anyway, there's just one question more I'd like to ask, and it's the most important one anyway:

When?!

As soon as Bukkit is officially released and I get around to porting all of our custom mods.

The city will have resources right? Because if theyre all outside then how are you supposed to defend yourself when you go out to to collect them you know? Zombies don't play very nice...

1. Firethorn, Xankul, and the Arcane Blades as you know them today, will cease to exist. The lands will be packaged up, and put up as a download for anyone who wishes to re-visit them in single player.
And where is this download exactly?

Is the city going to be planned out, like a grid structure, allowing more people to build there or will it be first come first serve?

Is the city going to be planned out, like a grid structure, allowing more people to build there or will it be first come first serve?
I'd like to know this too, I think if we are going to be put in a smaller space to survive (which I like) we may need to have a kind of grid system for each player so that we don't get a giant tangle of structures.

Back