Assassin's Creed 4

Anyone else a little miffed about the speed which these games are being pumped out? I mean...AC3 came out nary 5mos ago, and they're announcing the sequel.

It'd be much better if these devs/publishers made games that had a main story arc that last longer than 8hrs, PLUS kept the same side-quest content. I guess it would be too much to ask to make fewer DLC, spread them farther out, and quit charging so goddamn much for a game, and for the extra content to boot. They're all going after the alimighty dollar at the expense of providing longer-lasting on-disc content and near blatant disregard for IP integrity.

Oh well...let's keep throwing our money at it...maybe that'll fix it...

I agree with this completely. The games are being put out too fast. I'm still going to buy ACIV though. Even if it ends up being even worse than III.

People keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....people keep throwing their money at the AC franchise...they thing the model is working...they keep on with the model....

Reviving. Can't wait for AC4.so glad its on 360 and not exclusive to One.
Also rumors of Ancient China AC involving Shao jun from Embers.

I'm somewhat annoyed. It's only been in development since late February of 2013. At least with AC3 it was in development for ALMOST 3 YEARS. THAT is how you make a game. Announce it in the last year of development, but have been working on it for a year and a half before that, so you have some finalized game stuff to show people, in order to get real feedback.

I'm somewhat annoyed. It's only been in development since late February of 2013. At least with AC3 it was in development for ALMOST 3 YEARS. THAT is how you make a game. Announce it in the last year of development, but have been working on it for a year and a half before that, so you have some finalized game stuff to show people, in order to get real feedback.
I'd like to point out that AC4 is one of the few 'named' titles, which makes me believe they plan to do what they did with Ezio's story, and break it up into sections.

I'd like to point out that AC4 is one of the few 'named' titles, which makes me believe they plan to do what they did with Ezio's story, and break it up into sections.
Originally, all of the events of Desmond's storyline that happened in Brotherhood and Revelations were supposed to happen in AC3 - ACB and ACR weren't originally planned, people just loved Ezio so much that they decided to continue his life story while development on AC3 was happening. So I wouldn't put any bets on it, unless people just love the pirate thing so much that they decide to continue with it.

Back