• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

AutoMelon

Elysnoss

1.5 World File (just some cosmetic changes to map and access to chicken cave, nothing new with the automelon device)
http://www.mediafire.com/?wd2wcgj9clva923

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finished working on 1.4 and it is more compact now.

World File: http://www.mediafire.com/?7oe29uvfkd1nk70

The melon rows now look like this:
V MM VV MM VV MM VV MM V
I dunno if it can get any simpler or more efficient than that but if anyone has any ideas I am up for suggestions.

14.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the quest to create a simple, easy to build, compact, working design and after time spent tweaking and hammering out glitches this is what ended up being created. Decided to make my own thread so more people can see this and so I can post any additional tweaks or additions since I have a lot of time on my hands and t9k survival is down.

Anyways, here is the current design being used. Version 1.3:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q60zjejcNU
World File: http://www.mediafire.com/?u331ft0qxqmus1a

Each level of the device takes up only 2 blocks vertically (one for the ground under the device and 1 block for the device itself) and has 2 blocks free in between each level for walking space. The single redstone wire that powers the whole device simply loops clockwise around each level before climbing to the next level. Using delays in the wire this makes it so that not too many melons are smashed at one time so you can hit the button, jump into the collection point and sit tight as more and more melons flow your way. This prevents too many melon slices being on the ground at one time and hopefully makes things easier on the server if you were to build this thing larger.

This thing is semi-automatic. It will grow and harvest melons or pumpkins for you but you still have to hit the harvest button and re-till the land after after each time you press the button whether melons have grown or not. If anyone can think of a way to auto-till then let me know. ^^

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppr
V M V M V B V M V M V B V M V M V B V M V M Vr
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxr
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxr
V M V M V B V M V M V B V M V M V B V M V M Vr
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

V = Vine
M = Melon
B = Any block used as a spacer (I like glass) Would be more compact and still work without this block but I like the way it makes the design look for now. Will change it in version 1.4 later.
r = redstone wire row
p = piston row
w = water row
x = empty space for collection row

Because of the way the water channels are used they can be turned into an easy elevater by letting the top water channel flow straight down into water channels in lower levels.

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

Now bigger and better my first harvest gave 297 melon slices using 3 levels at 40 melons grown per level.
9-1.png

I am mostly done with 1.4. Each level is more compact now able to grow 4 more melons per level using the same amount of space as 1.3.
Also adding bottom blocks of a new level without fully constructing the level to make it easier for someone to see how to build it and add on to AutoMelon as you could build it from the bottom of the map to the sky barrier if you wanted. Then all I have to do is check the wiring to make sure no repeaters are touching pistons in 1.4 or else they wont fire. Then I'll update the first post in this thread with the new world file and a pic.

-Edit-
1.4 finished

This is mine!.. its also multi-leveled that you cant see :p.. can go from the bedrock (where i have it) to the cloud layer if i cared enough.

oh, and it should fit into a 16x16 chunk. I forsee auto-melons in my town :D

edited in a picture of the top floor.

Attachments

• 2011-09-21_16.20.47.png
    2011-09-21_16.20.47.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 2011-09-21_16.24.50.png
    2011-09-21_16.24.50.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 149
This is mine!.. its also multi-leveled that you cant see :p.. can go from the bedrock (where i have it) to the cloud layer if i cared enough.

You shall join a town in the Federation...
We must have this!

You shall join a town in the Federation...
We must have this!
I could help out too. Will be a lot of melons. XD

Looks cool basically the same as mine. Is there hidden water on the sides or only in the middle?

I could help out too. Will be a lot of melons. XD

Looks cool basically the same as mine. Is there hidden water on the sides or only in the middle?

strictly water in the middle.. the thing is only like 8 blocks wide. Also your design is where i took this from.

Eeyup works on a 5 minute item timer.
2011-09-21_21.22.46.png
2011-09-21_21.22.57.png

The piston to the right of the redstone is a emergency brake.

I was thinking something like that too at first but then I actually went to that spot and checked on my world file and strangely there really is a chicken cave over there full of freakin chickens.. :confused:
Chickens.png

I'll make an entrance to it when I clean up the map a bit to release a new automelon world file. Not really changing much on the automelon as it is done and I don't really care to make it any bigger than it is in creative.

I also just saw a pig down there.. and there are a lot of eggs but it is hard to move down there.

1.5 World File (just some cosmetic changes to map and access to chicken cave, nothing new with the automelon device)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d18pk21vde6qqm8

On another note I was thinking when I go to build this in survival I might put the waterfall in the center instead of the sides to save on space. At the bottom of the waterfall I would stop the water with signs or something so melons should hopefully fall down the waterfall, reach the signs, then fall down into the collection water channel beneath the signs. If it works it would be more compact and the whole farm would be easily hydrated. Might also have less melon slices get stuck but I'm not 100% sure on that.

i knew it would be hard for some to believe. that's why i included the coordinates.
there's definitely a pig and it's definitely hard to move.

Back