• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ban Appeal

Gravydayv

Hi Guys,

I am new to the game here, and was banned yesterday for deleting part of the "griefers suck" sign.

The reason I did that was because when I first saw it, it said "griefers rock," and I saw someone up there (what I thought was) deleting it, so I went up to help them. I soon realized that they were changing it to "griefers suck", so I left. A few minutes later I was brought back to the scene of the crime and banned before I could explain myself. That was over 24 hours ago.

That was a totally misunderstanding, and foolish on my part. I was overzealous in what I thought was being helpful. I don't grief people, and now I know just not to touch anything that isn't mine, even if I think I'm helping.

Would love to get back on the server to continue what I was building.

Thanks

The sign was originally Griefers Suck, but that person you saw changed it to Griefers Rock. You basically went up there and destroyed the original part of the sign. There was no mistake nor misunderstanding here-- the sign was originally made by TheTrunks350. It was NOT yours and it was NOT that other person's sign-- he was banned as well for griefing/ modifying the original creator's (TheTrunks350) sign.

If I am going to unban you, I want you to be sure to read our server rules carefully. You only get one chance for an appeal and the next time you get banned it will remain a permanent ban with no chance for an appeal.

Do I make myself clear?

Xeadin,

Thanks for responding, you have been made completely clear.

I will absolutely adhere to the rules from here on out, and have just reread them all. I admit that what I did was out of my own stupidity, but I did think I was helping remove an objectionable sign. After thinking about the rules and what I did, two things are clear.

1) Even if a sign is objectionable, taking it down violates rule 6.

2) I am not an admin, so it is not my job to remove things, even if they are objectionable.

From here on out, if I didn't place the block, I won't be removing it.

Thanks for considering un-banning me. After getting working hard to build and then getting griefed like crazy on another server, I absolutely appreciate the hard line stance you take to keep your server free of griefers.

Ohai gravy, thanks for being apologetic and understanding. I believe you know that you were banned by Xeadin for griefing a sign, you have stated that you understand the rules and that you won't violate them again so I'm sure he will be understanding. I will go ahead and notify him about this appeal, but please be patient in the meantime.

- Yuvi

Ohai gravy, thanks for being apologetic and understanding. I believe you know that you were banned by Xeadin for griefing a sign, you have stated that you understand the rules and that you won't violate them again so I'm sure he will be understanding. I will go ahead and notify him about this appeal, but please be patient in the meantime.

- Yuvi

Thanks Yuvi!

I appreciate that you've been keeping a clear head through this process and that you understood what I have said. I'm currently not in a position to get on the server, but I will make sure that in a few hours when I am able to get on that I will unban you (or if another Awesome+ could do that for me, that would be gratefully appreciated)

Appeal Accepted. Thread may be closed.

Back