• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ban request - Neghvar (Grief)

Brewerrr

Neghvar and i have spoken outside of the public eye and we have come to a resolve. I would like to withdraw my request for him to be banned, as the conflict has been pacified. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.

Neghvar comes to my land this afternoon, which is a 35m walk away from spawn, and tries to kill me with lava in my mines. I counter him, and kill him with lava instead.

Now, i log back onto the server tonight, and he has made an outpost inside walls that i have obviously claimed... the land itself is not claimed, but that is irrelevant. He is clearly griefing. I would REALLY like something done about this.

EDIT: If you look @ the T9K Map, you can see that he is stationed quite literally on a bordering block.

EDIT: As of mid-day Sept 5th he has deleted his town for what i assume is the fear of being banned. I would like to keep my request that he be banned, as he is suspiciously trolling along the outside of our city still.

Neghvar comes to my land this afternoon, which is a 35m walk away from spawn, and tries to kill me. I counter him, and kill him with lava.

Now, i log back onto the server tonight, and he has made an outpost inside walls that i have obviously claimed... the land itself is not claimed, but that is irrelevant. He is clearly griefing. I would REALLY like something done about this.

EDIT: If you look @ the T9K Map, you can see that he is stationed quite literally on a bordering block.

Don't kill people with lava, it's griefing. And you should be taking pictures of everything, to make sure you are honest.

If I was to build a wall encasing 20% of the map, could I say that its my land even though I have not claimed it? I also see plenty of towns in which their claimed land is bordering another town's claimed land. I have not griefed or stolen anything.

Here's my side...
I was wandering south. Checking out the various towns far from spawn point. come across his. Jump the wall at a low spot from a cliff. Checking out this area. I then fell in a hole and since it was claimed land, I could not get out. He then trapped me in fences and was laughing at me. He eventually freed me and since I could not dig upward since it was claimed land, I followed the tunnels he made in an attempt to find wilderness so I could get out then. He followed and began placing cobble around me. I begin mining all over the place to escape and in the process, we uncovered some lava which we both nearly fell into. I jump out and run down the cavern. By now we were way out of claimed land. I then get stuck for a moment and suddenly I am in flames and die (the lava dump he did)

As for the rest, yes I began a town, not an outpost, adjacent to his claimed land and began building a house. He then gets upset about it and posts his complaint

Youre a clear cut troll. Your disguise is weak. You tried to kill me this afternoon, failed miserably, and it backfired on you. Your attempt at an argument, too, is weak. Its something called a "Slippery Slope", which is a logical fallacy that any infant could see through. Youre well aware of the fact that you are trying to grief.

Although i understand that it'd be optimal to simply take pictures of problems, all cases simply do not permit. He was trying to kill me with lava in my mines (After being asked to leave).
20% of the map? sure. I based 35m from spawn and you came out to me and created an outpost directly on land that you have no business being on.

If this is a battle of technicalities, then perhaps you win. But being technical doesnt make you any less of a troll. You know what youre doing, and i hope people think less of you for it. It'd do you well to make an attempt at growing up and forfeiting your useless trolling. This is absolutely pathetic.

No, before you "fell into a hole", i asked you to leave. This is weak, guy. Absolutely weak. Its not a computer youre trying to confuse with plea's to the rule book. Your griefing is as plain as day. You come 35m away from spawn to a completely secluded, and rather inconvenient, area and create a town on adjacent chunks. You need to find a hobby that doesnt involve trolling people.

I am a member of Narnia and on the day that this event occurred I was absent.

As a member of narnia, we have built up a wall, not a very large one, about 30-35 minutes away (walking distance) from the spawning area figuring that we would be far enough for no one to bother us and for us to have our own grounds of "territory" as we mine up the diamonds to actually claim the territory on the map.

However during this time while we were still building our small town and mining the money to claim it all, I logged on to hear the story about neghvar and what happened with him from brewerrr.

Having this random person show up and claim land that you were planning on claiming through mining diamonds that you can't mine anymore because of his claimed land is extremely annoying and a sign of griefing seen as we are quite a long ways away from the spawn, and all other civilization.

If this persons intention was not to grief, he could have made a town in an area outside of our wall that we put the time in to build.

Towards his claim that he did not steal anything, he did by claiming the land he claimed. By claiming the land, he has claimed everything we have that we mined underneath the surface.

TL;DR We put a lot of time and work into the small area we had going on, it is a pain to see it stolen from us just because we haven't mined enough diamonds to claim everything, although he hasn't gone to our buildings and destroyed them, taking our stuff, he has taken all of our hard work on the surface, and in the mines.

Bannable Offenses

Hacks (Item Duplication, Fly hacks, Item hacks, memory editors, transparent textures, or any other cheat to give you an unfair advantage over other players) Innocent

Griefing (Destroying others work or building on it without permission) Innocent

Macros (Bots, autoclickers) Innocent

Stealing items from other players Innocent

Causing unhappiness is a bannable offense. Any event that causes another user to become angry or unhappy (in a non-competitive sense) is not allowed. You may consider this to be a very broad rule, but it helps us to cover any ban cases not specifically listed. Team9000 is not a place for trolls, griefers, or people of an annoying nature, and we will remove any person causing unhappiness -- even if they do not explicitly disobey the above rules. Guilty

I admit my guilt and in response, I unclaimed all 5 plots and deleted my town. After which it should have been case closed, but Brewerr continued his rant about my actions whenever I was on instead of letting it go.

This is my only offense. I have not caused any other ill-will towards anyone else nor do I have any intention to. I apologize for my actions and will not do it again

Actually Brewer admit that he killed NeghVar with Lava. This is as far as I know not legal.
I guess he will soon have to face his punishment. Just go on and create attention, Brewer. :D

You are quite right, Niamph. There is simply no situation that justifies lava griefing.

From my perspective, I think a ban for NeghVar would not be justified as he has both apologized and his actions were not really ban-worthy. Brewerr on the other hand is not only insulting NeghVar in most of his posts here, he also made himself guilty of lava griefing in a situation that was not threatening in any way.

Neither of you were there, or know anything about what happened whatsoever. Neghvar's telling of our little story is inaccurate. For whatever reason, the two of you are neglecting that fact that i said he tried to kill me with lava. He was in my mines, trying to incase me in lava. I wasnt simply going to allow him to kill me. The situation was absolutely "threatening".

And as for your list of bannable offenses and your claim to innocence, i openly contest that as well. You purchased land that was clearly already claimed by us. We are 35 minutes from spawn. And you come out and claim land on adjacent chunks and start building, quite literally, on blocks that were TOUCHING our land.

"Griefing (Destroying others work or building on it without permission)"

You are absolutely guilty of this. Not to mention the flood of lava that you put in my mines. You know what you were doing. And youre trying to get off the hook due to technicalities.
You, sir, are a troll and a griefer. I wish there was also a way to link you to the rail-tracks that have been 'mysteriously' griefed in the tunnels that you so recently began to use to travel all the way out to our town.

And if youre so apologetic for your nonsense then you wouldnt be walking all the way down here still and parading around only 2-3 chunks away from our town.

There has been nothing but peace on this server for Narnia and its town members for the last month until you showed up with your crap. Your immaturity should have no place on this server.

Lava killing results in ban. You admit you've did this. There is no situation which justifies this fact. As NeghVar seems to be a nice person and you lava killed him your chances to get him banned are quite small. Guess you are the person who has to appeal here soon.

I think, while usually lava killing is unacceptable, in the case of Brewerrr it is alright. What Neghvar has done is worse, and Brewerrr just didn't want to let Neghvar get to grief and steal from him. Brewerrr told me, in game, that later Neghvar had done an afk kill on him.

Back