• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Bastion Application Thread

Damashki

Bas·tion   [baaaaaaa s-chuhn, -tee-uhn] Show IPA
noun
Fortification constructed by sheep . a projecting portion of a rampart or fortification that forms an irregular pentagon attached at the base to the main work.
a fortified place. a sanctuary for sheep.
anything seen as preserving or protecting some quality, condition, etc.: a bastion of solitude; a bastion of sheep.

Bastion is the up-coming sequel to Haven, one of the many grand cities of olde. Our founders, The Council of Elrond (home of the sheep elves), has traveled over rugged mountains and through harsh valleys populated by the carnivorous wolves. In order to protect the prospects of sheep far and wide, The Council of Elrond has settled this land to provide a sanctuary of safe keeping.

Sounds like a nice place to live? Yes? Well good, because Bastion is looking for fellow sheep to help build the sequel to Haven! Currently, we're paying off a loan used to acquire land near the flying ship of facts and trivia. Once the loan is payed in full, building shall commence! Bastion is looking for members who focus on building the best builds they can in town without the distraction of being part of multiple towns. Reasons for this include the issues involving the taking of items from bastion and using them in other towns, helping with the purchasing of near-spawn plots that are pretty expensive, and town fellowship. This doesn't mean that we're against people playing with whoever they wish. ;)

We appreciate all of the applications we receive, but would prefer only serious applicants who wish to mainly reside in Bastion and help attribute to its beauty.

Please follow format for application:
MC Username:
Team9000 Join Date:
Reason You Want to Join:
Pictures of builds made by you:
Are you planning on joining multiple towns? (yes or no | may not be necessary info later on)?:
Are you a sheep (yes or no)?:
This post is likely to change in the future to change or list information.

Hello, my name is Nuls and I am a Legend of minecraft! I would like to build epic things!

I used to be mostly into mining and building epic tunnels and subway systems (on survival), but lately I've started building more serious stuff. Dont have any screens of recent work, just a few from the early days of the classic server.

I am very famous and I know everybody. I have a thing for digging and landscaping, cutting down trees and making giant pits and mineshafts.
I guess I like organizing and putting cobblestone in boxes in alphabetic order more than building pretty things, but Im working on that part too.

Landscaping is my passion, but building things is fun too.

(here is a picture of me btw, and some really old screenshot from classic cool05, and a cute duckling)

Attachments

• innanpeace2.jpg
    innanpeace2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 165
  • screenshot_20101104233336.png
    screenshot_20101104233336.png
    627.6 KB · Views: 192
  • screenshot_20101110093436.png
    screenshot_20101110093436.png
    415.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 6s1FS.jpg
    6s1FS.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 189
MC Username: Vorsprung
Team9000 Join Date: a long time ago
Reason You Want to Join: because you seem to have kicked me out
Pictures of builds made by you: look for some WH pictures. I'll plagiarise Gurw
If you are a sheep (yes or no): unless Pyros turn out to be just sheep, I dunno

MC Username:
Team9000 Join Date: April 3 of 2011
Reason You Want to Join: Listen, I know that ever since the last town: Haven hasn't been made: I made almost no progress or help to our community except mining a stack of diamonds: thats about it. But I promise to start helping out again if I'm accepted because it's summer and I'm pretty much ALWAYS free. I'll be honest, once school starts I'll dissapear for a little bit and more and more. However, I will be fully committed to help out and mostly mine for things with people like Tunapiano and Kagato :3 Good times x3 I'd also like to state that I am not very good at building. I really don't have the creativity or time to plan out a good house or castle or battleship. During Sanctum I haven't fully surpassed a building level like Kagato's and therefore my pirate ship/home was a little sketchy. During Haven I was on a mini hiatus and my house made by demonfoxkiller wasn't even built and the castle I tried to make on the harbor failed. Again, I'm sorry and I really understand if you do let me in Bastion, but if I do get accepted I promise to be a committed, responsible, and helpful citizen :3
Pictures of builds made by you: Again, I'm not a talented builder but I can do some repetitive work like this large castle I made for Classic :3
bowsercastle.png

If you are a sheep (yes or no): Remember I was the "Engineer Steampunk Sheep" at Sanctum? x3 Damashki even made a skin for me

Hello, my name is Nuls and I am a Legend of minecraft! I would like to build epic things!

I used to be mostly into mining and building epic tunnels and subway systems (on survival), but lately I've started building more serious stuff. Dont have any screens of recent work, just a few from the early days of the classic server.

I am very famous and I know everybody. I have a thing for digging and landscaping, cutting down trees and making giant pits and mineshafts.
I guess I like organizing and putting cobblestone in boxes in alphabetic order more than building pretty things, but Im working on that part too.

Landscaping is my passion, but building things is fun too.

(here is a picture of me btw, and some really old screenshot from classic cool05, and a cute duckling)
MC Username: Vorsprung
Team9000 Join Date: a long time ago
Reason You Want to Join: because you seem to have kicked me out
Pictures of builds made by you: look for some WH pictures. I'll plagiarise Gurw
If you are a sheep (yes or no): unless Pyros turn out to be just sheep, I dunno
MC Username:
Team9000 Join Date: April 3 of 2011
Reason You Want to Join: Listen, I know that ever since the last town: Haven hasn't been made: I made almost no progress or help to our community except mining a stack of diamonds: thats about it. But I promise to start helping out again if I'm accepted because it's summer and I'm pretty much ALWAYS free. I'll be honest, once school starts I'll dissapear for a little bit and more and more. However, I will be fully committed to help out and mostly mine for things with people like Tunapiano and Kagato :3 Good times x3 I'd also like to state that I am not very good at building. I really don't have the creativity or time to plan out a good house or castle or battleship. During Sanctum I haven't fully surpassed a building level like Kagato's and therefore my pirate ship/home was a little sketchy. During Haven I was on a mini hiatus and my house made by demonfoxkiller wasn't even built and the castle I tried to make on the harbor failed. Again, I'm sorry and I really understand if you do let me in Bastion, but if I do get accepted I promise to be a committed, responsible, and helpful citizen :3
Pictures of builds made by you: Again, I'm not a talented builder but I can do some repetitive work like this large castle I made for Classic :3 View attachment 120076
If you are a sheep (yes or no): Remember I was the "Engineer Steampunk Sheep" at Sanctum? x3 Damashki even made a skin for me

Thank you for applying, we will be reviewing your applications, please be patient.

Just going to explain my motives first:
I'm a loyal member of S9K1 (Squad 9001 for cave dwellers who don't know) and I will always be S9K1. However, for this map, I wish to try out something new. I have applied in a couple of other towns and before people start screaming at me for being erm... I dunno, indecisive? Multi-faced spy/traitor or along those lines, let me tell you why. I'm trying this thing out where I'm constantly roaming around the map, sometimes staying in 1 city for a week or 2, at other times I'll be in the wilderness, then in another city again. I'm hoping this will make the boring part of minecraft stay away longer and keep things fresh and exciting for me. So, yes, I am applying for multiple cities where I will build myself a small house (vacation villas if you will) and wonder around constantly. So if your concerns are that I can't build well... well... I don't really know what to say. Or if your other concerns are loyalty issues with me, then don't worry, unless you plan on burning S9K1 down, I remain neutral. Well on to my application then.

tl;dr I am hermitz konflakes and I haz want join many towns to travel across shiny new world! Here iz airpleecaysion

MC Username: PenisLord konflakes
Team9000 Join Date: 16 Nov 2010
Reason You Want to Join: Refer to essay above
Pictures of builds made by you: None I can access at the moment (@work derp)
If you are a sheep (yes or no): I'm a penis. (But a fluffy one, like a sheep)

Was bored this morning and went into singleplayer and built this, start of a epic tower or something, still getting used to the new materials, back in my days, we built things with cobble and dirt >_<

Attachments

• mctest.jpg
    mctest.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 215
diamonds no longer are worth money. just grinding for mats, and voting to pay debts.

We need members who are 100% dedicated to Bastion and will vote as often as possible and give all available funds to the town for the time being. No building is taking place.

MC Username:
Molemanmike

Team9000 Join Date:
4th of May 2011 (Star Wars Day)

Reason You Want to Join:
I have many friends in bastion and it seems like it is populated with nice, respectable residents. The location is ideal and I imagine the town will be well organised and most likely wonderful. I have skills in redstone (I have references). I am able to build to quite a sufficient level of style, architectural reality and creativity.

I can manage myself in a town and will always ask before doing anything if it is deemed necessary (I won't bug you about every single thing). I have quite a good knowledge of minecraft and I am happy to follow orders if that is what you want me to do. I can build farms, set up rails and make all sorts of little redstone thingamabobs. I am planning to begin my training using trip wires (to be introduced in 1.3) soon.

I have relatively good management skills as I was an assistant in one of the large towns in the last survival map (Shroomville) and was responsible for town planning among other stuff (although this was made hard due to inactive members XD). I also hadf to deal with situations that no person should have to such as our "mayor" (Derp Overlord) making around 400+ snow golems around the town causing me to have to deal with them.

I have heard concerns on the phenomenon which occurs when mikeymagic and I are in close proximity. Do not worry that is only on mumble (and I am working on stopping even that), i.e. no shenanigans will occur in game. I promise you.

Pictures of builds made by you: In this regard, I am somewhat lacking as my operating system crashed and my hard drive (on which all of my everything ever was stored on) seems to have corrupted. I may be able to provide you with some photos if I can recover any data from the drive but it doesn't look good.

If you are a sheep (yes or no):
Baaaaaaaa..I mean,uhh...yes.

Thanks
Molemanmike

MC Username: nettech09
Team9000 Join Date: Mar 2010
Reason You Want to Join: for the sheeps
Pictures of builds made by you:
Old pics are old lol
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/nettech09/kissing.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb25/nettech09/T9k.jpg
If you are a sheep (yes or no): let face it the only real sheep is DR. Sheep
MC Username:
Molemanmike

Team9000 Join Date:
4th of May 2011 (Star Wars Day)

Reason You Want to Join:
I have many friends in bastion and it seems like it is populated with nice, respectable residents. The location is ideal and I imagine the town will be well organised and most likely wonderful. I have skills in redstone (I have references). I am able to build to quite a sufficient level of style, architectural reality and creativity.

I can manage myself in a town and will always ask before doing anything if it is deemed necessary (I won't bug you about every single thing). I have quite a good knowledge of minecraft and I am happy to follow orders if that is what you want me to do. I can build farms, set up rails and make all sorts of little redstone thingamabobs. I am planning to begin my training using trip wires (to be introduced in 1.3) soon.

I have relatively good management skills as I was an assistant in one of the large towns in the last survival map (Shroomville) and was responsible for town planning among other stuff (although this was made hard due to inactive members XD). I also hadf to deal with situations that no person should have to such as our "mayor" (Derp Overlord) making around 400+ snow golems around the town causing me to have to deal with them.

I have heard concerns on the phenomenon which occurs when mikeymagic and I are in close proximity. Do not worry that is only on mumble (and I am working on stopping even that), i.e. no shenanigans will occur in game. I promise you.

Pictures of builds made by you: In this regard, I am somewhat lacking as my operating system crashed and my hard drive (on which all of my everything ever was stored on) seems to have corrupted. I may be able to provide you with some photos if I can recover any data from the drive but it doesn't look good.

If you are a sheep (yes or no):
Baaaaaaaa..I mean,uhh...yes.

Thanks
Molemanmike

Thanks for applying, I will bring your applications up to the attention of the other assistants.

MC Username: Untisss
Team9000 Join Date: 7/6/12
Reason You Want to Join: To have a safe and secure place to live and e productive, and to get a good multiplayer experience out of MC.
Pictures of builds made by you: I have an Osama Bin Laden-style cave in the wilderness, but it is nothing special. I am relatively new to minecraft, but i look forward to developing my creativity and adding to the diversity of the sheep-nation.
Are you planning on joining multiple towns? (yes or no | may not be necessary info later on)?: No.
Are you a sheep (yes or no)?: Yes? no... Yes.

Back