• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Battle: Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero

Wooty

Staff member
rockbandherobattle.png

Rock Band and Guitar Hero are both huge hits in the gaming world. Together, they hold a monopoly over an entire genre of games (not counting the other garbage or hilarious alternatives that try to compete). However, both sets of games have their pros and cons, so let's get down to business.

Guitar Hero

Pros:
  • Initially designed by Harmonix (who now develops Rock Band)
  • Ton's of songs to choose from
  • Lots of songs from big artists
  • The game is full of pretty colors?
  • Guitar Hero is a household name
  • You see an advertisement for it every 4-5 seconds on TV / the Internet
Cons:
  • The games are always the same. Always.
  • All of the "new games" should have been released as DLC
  • They don't have the Beatles
  • Older versions had terrible online capability
  • You see an advertisement IN in every 4-5 seconds
Rock Band

Pros:
  • Was, Is, and Always will be developed by Harmonix
  • New DLC on a regular basis
  • New games actually contain new ideas, not the same re-used engines and designs
  • Controls feel more "snappy"
  • Online play has always worked well
  • THE BEATLES!!!
  • Compatible with all Guitar Hero controllers
Cons:
  • Lower average instrument quality, as compared to Guitar Hero instruments
The Verdict

Everybody who's anybody has played Guitar Hero. Even my grandmother knows the name. But in reality, Guitar Hero is a gimmick. Recycled songs, recycled graphics, and recycled ideas - all backed by a propaganda monster. Neversoft / Activision seem to be only interested in money, and never seem to release DLC appropriately (instead, they release new games).

Rock Band, on the other hand, seems to do everything right. They take their time creating new games, get great music (The Beatles!), and release tons of DLC. A gamers dream. This battle really is a no brainer. Rock Band wins!

Winner: Rock Band

Agreed. I do enjoy RockBand way better than Guitar Hero, you can own Rockband 2 and play all the songs from 1 and 2, and you can DL awesome songs added all the time. :)

I was very disappointed when I discovered the garbage link did not point to Konami's abomination, Rock Revolution.

I just played the hilarious alternative for like an hour waiting for tech support to call me back....o glory...

Back