>Game of the Decade
>Wii Sports
>Mass Effect 2
>Portal and not Portal 2
What...
ac3.gif

Lol wut, "Wii Sports"

[collapse=Awesome]
"When it comes down to it, this poll should not be based on opinions and what the majority believes to be the greatest game of the decade. The award should be given to the game that truly revolutionised the industry, and if that is the criteria with which we're deciding the victor there's only one real choice we could make.
Wii Sports.

Wii Sports showed us video games have no limits. The extra fractals Nintendo packed into the Wii Sports disc meant that the game had thousands of extra graphics. Literally terabytes of them. I have never felt more engaged and immersed in a game than when I was playing Wii Sports: Bowling and noticed my Mii's face crinkle and a drip of sweat slip down their cheek to the alley floor. I knew at that point this would be a game to stand the test of time. I raised my Wii brand Waggling Stick into the air and watched as my Mii raised the ball, and I nearly burst into tears.

Moments like this really set Wii Sports apart from other games. Sure, I could play a super buff macho dude punching aliens in the face and saving the universe. But where's the fun in that when in that time I could also be beating an AI with no limits that is always learning in straight sets in Wii Sports: Tennis? There's just no comparing the two. I definitely know what I'd spend my weekend doing. And it's not sailing across the ocean in search of Princess Link and the Tripower.
Wii Sports gets my vote, and I hope you can see it deserves yours too."
[/collapse]
To be honest, this is the shittiest list ever. Sure, it has some good titles (especially Wii Sports), but none of them really did much "revolutionizing" this decade.

[EDIT]
Man, these comments have opened my eyes to the true master game: Wii Sports.
[collapse=Best game evar]
"Are the children here seriously wanting Halo and Skyrim on this list? How can you decide on the best game of the last decade, when you haven't even been alive for the last decade?
Any legitimate human being who doesn't want to make a mockery of their hobby will pick the obvious choice: Wii Sports. It is simply an unparalleled masterpiece.

The precision of the Wii remote with the pleasing aesthetics of your family's faces, both in the game and the living room, make for a great all-around package. The music is unmatched as of yet and really set the standard for its time. Everyone of all ages, gender, race, and nationality can enjoy this game, and the content is a refreshing new take on an industry oversaturated with shooters.

The first time I played Wii Sports was magical. The most memorable moment of my life. I picked up that Wii remote and felt absolutely empowered. It was right then at that time, that I was so overwhelmed with pure awe and ecstasy that I turned to my sister and confessed my love with the most passionate kiss I could muster. She was startled at first, but then she noticed my rank in Tennis and was immediately swept off her feet, and onto the couch. I teased her gently, and ultimately ended up taking her virginity right in the middle of the living room, to the warm-hearted cheers of my family. Even the Miis on the TV screen were pleased.

Now I don't go a day without getting laid, and it's all thanks to the wonders of Wii Sports. I think every gamer should know their true potential, so not voting Wii Sports is criminally shocking to a seasoned mature player such as myself.
The game comes free with the Wii, too. :)"
[/collapse]

There is no such thing as "the best game of the decade". There is no perfect game, all games have flaws of their own, it's how people like the game's style. For example, the highly loved game, GTA IV, was hated by a few thousands of grand theft auto fans. I like the game, but it has it's flaws. So there is NO "best game" whatsoever.....

Back