• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Beta is going well, but...

I think we should come off of this temp world and go back to Firethorn, ect. The glitches arent even that bad, all of the inventory/ chest glitches were fixed. There is a overflow error but Im not sure if that is just me or the whole server. Its anarchy in the temp world- fires everywhere, people stealing items, home invasions, and the creepers explode everything.

Items still dupe like crazy. Unless you wanna be auto-banned by the cheat detector, then I would recommend just sticking to the Temp world for now, which we are doing.

I think we should come off of this temp world and go back to Firethorn, ect. The glitches arent even that bad, all of the inventory/ chest glitches were fixed. There is a overflow error but Im not sure if that is just me or the whole server. Its anarchy in the temp world- fires everywhere, people stealing items, home invasions, and the creepers explode everything.

i agree and there is no point in trying to make a mine anymore with the spamming of diamonds.

in the temp world there's no whitelist so anyone can build, so there's probably tons of greifing and there are fires everywhere

wambulance.jpg

idk if im the only one with this problem, its a bit offtopic too, but in single player if i want to start a new world *didnt happen in alpha!* its really laggy even after its done rendering, while my old worlds work perfect

I was wondering why I was able to build today.

I still had fun, but I bet the other server would be even better. How long until it's fixed, do you think?

idk if im the only one with this problem, its a bit offtopic too, but in single player if i want to start a new world *didnt happen in alpha!* its really laggy even after its done rendering, while my old worlds work perfect

Where you stand, the world generates/renders a 256X256 area around you. When you spawn, it immediately generates that first 256x256 area around you. When you start adventuring out, it begins to generate more of the world.
So basically, it's going to lag as long as your exploring new land due to the fact that it's generating that part of the world.

Where you stand, the world generates/renders a 256X256 area around you. When you spawn, it immediately generates that first 256x256 area around you. When you start adventuring out, it begins to generate more of the world.
So basically, it's going to lag as long as your exploring new land due to the fact that it's generating that part of the world.
but its even after i explre a bit and im building in one spot, for soem reason also when i hold f3 (think its f3) its says my cpu usage is off the charts hitting the top of the screen! which never happens, before it spiked here and there but stayed green

but its even after i explre a bit and im building in one spot, for soem reason also when i hold f3 (think its f3) its says my cpu usage is off the charts hitting the top of the screen! which never happens, before it spiked here and there but stayed green

Ever since that Halloween Update the FPS has gone haywire. Notch's fault... again.

The worst thing is that i'm experiencing strange type of lag - the chat and other players' movement is smooth, but blocks act like when the server is freezed - they appear again ~5 seconds after i break them, and they doesnt drop a resource. :|

DJ, when you destroy a block and you dont get a drop and the block reappears a few seconds later the best thing to do is just to disconnect and join again. It always leads to a time out or some sort of server error so it just speeds up the process and usually sorts it out!

I agree, enabling the rock kit ruined the temp server. Before the kit there was a mutual objective, get as many resources as you could and build the best house in the quickest time. There was trade and cooperation among the players because of this. But the kit got rid of the objective so people saw no point in the game so some decided to burn down peoples' houses and steal stuff for the sake of it.

It was fun while it lasted...

Back