Big news in science

And with this new discovery of the mass giving particle, scientists shall use some complicated, unfathomable process to reverse engineer the effect and remove mass from particles and destroy the fabric of space, twisting the entire universe, known or unknown, into an infinite wormhole that will tear apart everything, atom by atom, until the gathered energy becomes too great for it and it implodes before exploding, re-creating the universe and spitting every atom back out.

By a stroke of luck this process recreates the planets, stars and other orbiting satellites in a different location, but all retaining its relative positions from each other. Human particles are spit back out but end up mixing up along the way. Casham wakes up a true coconut, without any memory of being anything but a coconut. ConroD becomes a real British person and, like Casham, retains no memories of when he was not British. Wooty became president of the United States of Amerindichinakoreaustralialand and declares the Internet the official religion of the world.

Also, somewhere, deep in a jungle, Vorsprung wakes up naked, de-masked and with an erection that pierces the sun, roars a fearsome war cry while beating his hairy chests with his fists, but with no one around, does it make a sound?

Supposedly these Higgs particles are responsible for the mass of the atom, so if we could manipulate them, we would invent the Mass Effect. :D

So it's responsible for the mass of an atom, eh?

1. Figure out how to mess with the Higgs particles in an organism
2. Find a rich, morbidly obese person willing to lose weight
3. Mess with his/her Higgs particles
4. ????
5. Profit

It's like liposuction, except a million to a trillion times more expensive. :D

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=250468120 said:
with a circumference of 17 miles that straddles the French-Swiss border

giggity.gif

I remember seeing this on...Yahoo, I think. There is (or was, I guess) a particle accelerator lab in Illinois that was working on finding the Higgs particle as well, but was recently shut down due to no longer recieving funding from the US Government, but had made some stride towards the particle's discovery, and was waiting on CERN to release it's findings to confirm discovery.

BIG%20F-ING%20DEAL.jpg

quote from a friend I thought was relevant....

"Now that Higgs Boson has been found, they're just using LHC to smash together new Taco Bell menu items"- godlib's random anon friend.

hope all of you enjoyed that as much as I did.

quote from a friend I thought was relevant....

"Now that Higgs Boson has been found, they're just using LHC to smash together new Taco Bell menu items"- godlib's random anon friend.

hope all of you enjoyed that as much as I did.
Considering it's in europe, we're probably just making sandwiches by accelerating baguettes and swiss cheese in it.

Considering it's in europe, we're probably just making sandwiches by accelerating baguettes and swiss cheese in it.
Are you saying baguettes and swiss cheese are not very delicious and useful for science? xD

Are you saying baguettes and swiss cheese are not very delicious and useful for science? xD

The discovery of atomized cheese would have great ramifications for the human race. We Americans have only gotten as far as this:

cheese-sp1.jpg

It's up to international community to come up with the breakthroughs, as we Americans have already expended hundreds of millions of dollars in crackers and health care costs associated with "testing" such a device.

Indeed, the US overweight problems have to be solved by European scientists. If we could reduce mass, we would reduce fat and the yanks would finally be able to go back to doing what they are good at. Like hating communists and invading countries over their oil.

Back