Big Site Changes

Wooty

Staff member
I'm in the process of rewriting most of the site to use client-side templating. If you guys could attempt loading https://home.team9000.net/ (the first site I've converted), please let me know if the page loads fully and correctly. There's a lot of code going on in the background, so a lot could go wrong. If you view the source, you'll notice that it's not your average HTML.

It is correct for the login bar to say "Login State Unknown," this will be fixed before further rollout.
In related news, we've dropped support for IE8.

I just loaded it, worked completely fine for me (Chrome here). And it looks awesome, by the way, I like the portal 2 background.
EDIT: Just realised that it changes everytime you load it, I am a derp.

Everything loaded correctly for me in Chrome. Only thing is one of the Sonic pictures was cut off slightly but everything seemed fine.
Also worked for Kindle Fire on desktop optimization.

Loaded perfectly fine for me. I dig the changing backgrounds, I refreshed the page like 10 times to see them all :D
Like Waffles said, Sonic's name gets cut off a little when he's the background

*However, I think this one might be too edgy for our "family friendly" site...
Too_Edgy.png

*indicates sarcasm

For those of you with obscure (old mobile / etc) browsers, could you try again and make sure that a popup appears that says "SUCCESS <random text>".

Im not a big fan of such home pages. I like the simplicity and the browsing speed of the current one.

Anyway the page loaded fine but it took about 1 second to load the background on a 130 MB connection. :unsure:

Im not a big fan of such home pages. I like the simplicity and the browsing speed of the current one.

Anyway the page loaded fine but it took about 1 second to load the background on a 130 MB connection. :unsure:

home.team9000.net has always looked the way it does now -- it has nothing to do with the team9000 homepage. It is simply the first one of my sites that I'm converting to this new framework. The team9000 main page will be converted at some point, but will not change much in looks.

Back