• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Binvox and Viewvox for Minecraft

MrFrog90

So recently I ventured apon the above mentioned software and it seems legit. Only problem is that I am unfamiliar with this cmd thingy. Sry to sound noobish. I hope that someone can help me with it.

Go to start, then type cmd. Once there, navigate to the place you saved it. Use cd to go to another folder, dir to show whats in a folder.
For example:
cd c:\users\username\desktop put you into your desktop folder. dir lists all of the items in that folder. Once you got those down pat, navigate to your saved binvox. Go to google and find a model file that you want to import. It has to be an .obj file. Once you have that, place it in the binvox folder, then type binvox modelName.obj, then wait for it to convert. Then you type viewvox modelName.binvox, and it should show it. :D

Can't remember it at the moment, otherwise I'd also tell you how to import into minecraft. 2 hours sleep ftl.

ok, the tutorial says to type C:\Users\Eric\Desktop in the 1st step, this obviously isnt for my computer.
so, i typed C:\Users\Frog is Awesome\Desktop but it didnt work
next, i tried C:\Documents and Settings\Frog is Awesome\Desktop but it still doesnt work

so what should i do?

ok, the tutorial says to type C:\Users\Eric\Desktop in the 1st step, this obviously isnt for my computer.
so, i typed C:\Users\Frog is Awesome\Desktop but it didnt work
next, i tried C:\Documents and Settings\Frog is Awesome\Desktop but it still doesnt work

so what should i do?
Are you in the command prompt? In order to change folders that you are in, you need to have cd in front of it. IE: cd C:\Users\Frog is Awesome\Desktop

Yes, the commands work. They date from the MS-DOS era. :p

cd C:\Users\Frog is Awesome\Desktop comes back with The system cannot find the path specified. So. what now?

edit: i got it. i typed cd C:\Documents and Settings\Frog is Awesome\Desktop instead.

Back