Blue Swastikas....

My alma mater had a swastika as it's school symbol/emblem up until sometime around the 1940s. Sometime around then some German guy decided to be a dick about it and ruined it for everyone.

That should just be a warning. In the rules it says swastikas are bannable in the first offense, but if he truly meant about the Finnish Airforce I would not ban him.

"No Hitler Skins or Swastikas. You will be permanently banned on your first offense."

If you read the wiki, it has not been the Finnish Airforce's insignia since 1945 (67 years ago). Now it's a blue circle in a white circle, not so offensive...

Kc, regardless of what excuse they use , it is our responsibility to ban them either way, if they appeal with the excuse -then you can begin making a judgement however in game you always ban.

The problem with using any swastikas is that most people correlate it to the Nazi symbol. Cultures change. It's better to not offend others, even if it's unintentionally.

Meh. Swases are a symbol of trollism and that's unacceptable internet behavior.

So are upside down crosses, peace symbols and lower-case " T's ".

And T9k has a strong policy against trollism. But you can build many other things instead.
What do you mean by "lower-case T's"? Also, I thought the peace symbol labeled as "unacceptable" was surprising. I personally dislike it, but I didn't think it was considered trolling.

SadTroll.png

I guess a lowercase T could be interpreted as Satanism...

happy-easter-easter-cross-02.jpg

=

DamUpsideDownCross.jpg

???

I don't think the general population would make that connection.

WatchOutGuys.png

The problem with using any swastikas is that most people correlate it to the Nazi symbol. Cultures change. It's better to not offend others, even if it's unintentionally.

What do you mean by "lower-case T's"? Also, I thought the peace symbol labeled as "unacceptable" was surprising. I personally dislike it, but I didn't think it was considered trolling.

SadTroll.png

happy-easter-easter-cross-02.jpg

=

DamUpsideDownCross.jpg

???

I don't think the general population would make that connection.

WatchOutGuys.png

So far as I'm aware, we don't ban/kick for someone making satanic symbols or anything of that nature (I personally corroborated this a while ago, that stance may have since changed) since it would be considered religious in context, nor do we ban/kick for peace symbols. We ban for swastikas because of the underlying context that is now attributed to that symbol due to the Nazis and the mass genocide of almost an entire race of people. All of us moderators are well aware of the many previous/current connotations the swastika is used for, but much of the Western world still would see any sort of swastika symbol as relating to Nazi-ism, and therefore racism, which is absolutely not tolerated on this server.
So I guess the short answer would be:
We will not kick/ban for symbols of a religious nature (unless there is racism tied to that symbol of any sort) unless a user(s) are spamming the symbols all over the server, which is not cool.

You know what's worse than people making Swastikas?

People craving up good builds into Swastikas. Yes it happened before.

You know what's worse than people making Swastikas?

People craving up good builds into Swastikas. Yes it happened before.
So you might have heard of a engineer (now legend) called ardyarde.
He set up his own Classic server that always happened to be at the top of the old server list.
Being at the top meant there were plenty of griefers.
I played there briefly as an admin member.
ardyarde used fCraft like Team9000, but normal fCraft doesn't come with the griefing stuff we have here.
Once, the whole server had to be reset because somebody carved the entire world into swastikas. Dirt, buildings, everything.
True story.

So you might have heard of a engineer (now legend) called ardyarde.
He set up his own Classic server that always happened to be at the top of the old server list.
Being at the top meant there were plenty of griefers.
I played there briefly as an admin member.
ardyarde used fCraft like Team9000, but normal fCraft doesn't come with the griefing stuff we have here.
Once, the whole server had to be reset because somebody carved the entire world into swastikas. Dirt, buildings, everything.
True story.
Well anyone who has fcraft now should really update, since it does have block history now. It's a bit obnoxious to use, but it is -something-.

Well anyone who has fcraft now should really update, since it does have block history now. It's a bit obnoxious to use, but it is -something-.
This was back in May, and anyways he doesn't have a Classic server anymore now :3
When Notch fixed the Classic server list, nobody went on to ardyarde's server any more...

Back