• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Build and Shoot server feature requests

Jdrew

I love playing the game Build and Shoot and was very happy when you guys started letting me host a server for it. I just have a few problems though. You can't access admin in game, you can't add or change maps, you can't change the name. Being able to do that would make my day. What do you guys think?

You can't access admin in game,

This is true for all games on launch. The servers are designed to be customizable, to an EXTENT, allowing you and your friends to play on a dedicated server without the hassle of setting one up yourself. It's not designed to give you a personal server with you in power, able to kick or ban random people as you see fit.

In regards to customization:
- Password protecting the server is a possibility.
- What additional maps would you like added to the rotation?
- You should be able to votemap if you would like the map to change.

The reason you need to have admin in game would be to be able to turn the master off,switch maps, change the name,etc. Having password protected servers wouldn't be necessary if you could turn the master off. For the maps you should have all of the maps from the map pack on the pysnipe site as well as some of the recent maps on the forums like icecraft,golf,etc. You should also be able to change the name of the server.

We have made the following changes:

- You can now launch a server that is unlisted from the master
- Votemap is now enabled
- Decreased map time to 30 minutes (with option to extend in the map vote)
- Randomized map rotation
- Added the following maps to the rotation:

"111ButteII", "acidcrackmeth", "anticbridge", "assault", "assault2", "bridgeitis",
"bridgewars", "burbs", "canalway", "cannibalislands", "catseye", "chokepoint",
"easternbay", "faceoff", "golf", "hallway", "harbor2", "hell", "icecap", "Iced assault 1",
"Iced assault 2", "island", "isthmus", "latticebridge", "mesa", "nhallway", "normandie",
"octopus1.1", "paradise", "pinpoint", "pinpoint2", "pizza",
"platform", "pyspades", "scandinavia", "termina"

As mentioned before, we don't give out admin on launch servers, because we do not want to give the impression that you represent Team9000 as one of our trusted admins.

Thanks, how do you vote for maps BTW?

When there's three minutes left on the map, it will start a vote in chat with five options, and "extend."
You type /vote nameofthemap during the vote.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that pysnip has any option to "nominate" maps, so you're stuck choosing one of the five options it gives.

Can you make it so that you chose the map it starts with in the launch panel instead of a gen map or classic gen?

Back