building my first gaming rig

Okay, one last question for any who actually care enough to answer : Windows 7 or Windows 8? I'd especially appreciate your opinion if you've used both.

Okay, one last question for any who actually care enough to answer : Windows 7 or Windows 8? I'd especially appreciate your opinion if you've used both.
I've had both Windows 7 and Windows 8(.1). Here's the differences:
Windows 8(.1) has the Start screen instead of menu like 7.
Windows 8(.1) works well with EFI, Windows 7 works okay.
Windows 8(.1) is a bit faster than Windows 7.
Windows 7 has more editions (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate i think), all with differences. Windows 8(.1) has 2 with not many differences.
Windows 7 doesn't force cloud services and Microsoft accounts down your throat (Windows 8(.1) does)
And that's the main differences I can think of. You can decide based on these.

I'd say Windows 8, unless you're planning to buy 7 Professional or Ultimate.

I found 8 to be leagues faster than 7, and with 8.1, I never even have to see the start menu. Alternatively you can use Start8 (which I know nothing about)

It's been finished since saturday morning, if anyone cares to know :3 I'm happy with it. I still need to find a way to deal with some screen tearing on some games, though.

Back