• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Can Engineers have their own World?

L_O_T_r

Edit: THE TITLE IS WRONG. I meant to say "Can Engineers have their own world"

I am bringing up an old question that was discussed before I went inactive. I will not waste further time and get right down to the reasoning/main points. Feel free to completely bash me and derail this idea i'm open to anything.

Reason for this topic: Engineers do not have a world to build in.

Points backing this up:
- Cool ranks have their own world

- In a sense the zone worlds were always for builder rank so they have their own world (Also is a fun restricted world to build in)

- Pros/Epic have a world to build in with Museum (also prohills but I do not see it listed anymore I could be a newb who is not updated on information)

- The only ranks that do not have a world designated for their own to build in is awesome rank, and engineering rank.

I ask the simple question of why this is? Is it that big of a deal if we add an extra world designated for awesome and engineer rank? If the obvious answer is it would slow down the classic server then disregard this entire topic.

Again feel free to shoot this idea down. It would be interesting to see if this is actually useful, as there seems to be quite a bit of engineer/awesome ranks on then in the past.

Edit: It appears that Pro/Epic rank do not have their own world to build in. So I will also include them in this discussion and state the question, why not bring prohills back?

I am bringing up an old question that was discussed before I went inactive. I will not waste further time and get right down to the reasoning/main points. Feel free to completely bash me and derail this idea i'm open to anything.

Reason for this topic: Engineers do not have a world to build in.

Points backing this up:
- Cool ranks have their own world

- In a sense the zone worlds were always for builder rank so they have their own world (Also is a fun restricted world to build in)

- Pros/Epic have a world to build in with Museum (also prohills but I do not see it listed anymore I could be a newb who is not updated on information)

- The only ranks that do not have a world designated for their own to build in is awesome rank, and engineering rank.

I ask the simple question of why this is? Is it that big of a deal if we add an extra world designated for awesome and engineer rank? If the obvious answer is it would slow down the classic server then disregard this entire topic.

Again feel free to shoot this idea down. It would be interesting to see if this is actually useful, as there seems to be quite a bit of engineer/awesome ranks on then in the past.
Pro/Epic do NOT have a world to build, Museum is a place where builds are placed in, nothing is actually built in that world.

prohills was closed a while back, it was only meant for a few select people before the server got big.

Engineers and Awesome are still builders in a sense. They just happen to have some commands to take care of griefers and such. So yeah... no need to give them their own world. :p

wall of text

Despite the zones being generally filled with builders they are by no means a 'builders' world. Zones are made for everyone that can access them (Builder+).

Zones are not just for builders. Zones are for every rank that can access them.

:( this question is so easily defeated I have literally nothing to back it up except why not? (Specifically a world with bigger bounds then the given cool world. ie: Taller.

Would a better question be; Make a world with taller (maybe wider bounds)? Would that be possible?

Despite the zones being generally filled with builders they are by no means a 'builders' world. Zones are made for everyone that can access them (Builder+).

Zones are not just for builders. Zones are for every rank that can access them.

I am aware of this :/

:( this question is so easily defeated I have literally nothing to back it up except why not? (Specifically a world with bigger bounds then the given cool world. ie: Taller.

Would a better question be; Make a world with taller (maybe wider bounds)? Would that be possible?
Why not? because it isn't necessary when zones are already for engineers+everyone else

Considering the jump from Builder - Engineer isn't anything to do with building, that wouldn't qualify for your own building map. And considering some builders haven't been ranked up because of their building skills, I'd say you shouldn't be given a map for building. As Damashki said, you're just builders with moderating tools. If anything, there should be a map for builders only, but I'm not asking for that.

You can build in zones, it's made for Builder+ If the only reason is 'why not?' Then 'why not' give me my own map? 'Why not' make a zone specially made for making spawn roads?

I can already see this argument will not be won, can someone delete this topic I can not seem to find the button for it.

I feel like this was more of a suggestion. Suggestions are welcome, and don't be afraid to throw out an idea even if it is shot down. It's happened to me before.

There is no button to delete threads. Mods must do that.

Back