can i change the motd of the server i launch?

BassDropBeats

i want to be owner of the server i launch and change motd (I will still recommend the web link in the motd but i want to change the motd and server title.

true but they should still make the person who launches the server admin or something
As far as I've been told, giving admin to people who launch servers would be a security issue of some sort.

Bottom line though, the server is meant as a temporary means to play with friends (server will close itself after being inactive for a certain amount of time), and is not meant to be run as a permanent public server, so the title and motd do not need to be changed.

Essentially, regardless of your intent, other people will abuse the powers if we give them; either they will leave the title and motd and be absolute dicks, giving us a bad name, or they'll remove the title and motd thus removing our association and the free advertising that gives us. Beyond that, these are intended as anal servers for this community to play on, but our community owner has been nice enough to give access to the public.

Essentially, regardless of your intent, other people will abuse the powers if we give them; either they will leave the title and motd and be absolute dicks, giving us a bad name, or they'll remove the title and motd thus removing our association and the free advertising that gives us. Beyond that, these are intended as anal servers for this community to play on, but our community owner has been nice enough to give access to the public.

Beyond that, these are intended as anal servers for this community to play on, but our community owner has been nice enough to give access to the public.

these are intended as anal servers for this community to play on

anal servers for this community

anal servers

I didn't realize we hosted these kinds of servers.

Back