Cell Phone discussion [keep the flames down]

JerzeyLegend

I love mobile tech, and I just like to talk about it too. :D

New trend is Google releasing stock phones. First the Nexus line, and now pre-existing phones like the S4.

I just got off a rumor mill that said the HTC One is as well.

This is a place I've wanted to be at since ICS first dropped. Clean, un-molested system ROMS. Updates coming straight from Google. I'm so tired of these terrible UI's they drop over Google's awesome Holo UI. Now, to be fair, software is the selling point for these machines. Hardware helps, but software (what we see when we use it) is what gets people buying phones. Features (built within the software... none of Samsungs extra "features" work without Touchwiz) too.

Bliss.

Speaking of which, I own a HTC DNA and someone has finally unlocked the bootloader. So now I can feed my rom flashing addiction. CM10.1 here I come.

I like the idea, but don't really care to shell out $600 for a unlocked device that is free to roam carriers as I see fit. I keep hoping to see another device similar to the Galaxy Nexus S 4G that I still currently use. Pure, clean Android platform that I can get at a discount for renewing my contract. Even if one is released, I'd still find it hard to justify any costs to upgrade as my NS4G still runs hellishly fast with the newest ROMs (I run one called RasbeanJelly) and custom kernel.

I like the idea, but don't really care to shell out $600 for a unlocked device that is free to roam carriers as I see fit. I keep hoping to see another device similar to the Galaxy Nexus S 4G that I still currently use. Pure, clean Android platform that I can get at a discount for renewing my contract. Even if one is released, I'd still find it hard to justify any costs to upgrade as my NS4G still runs hellishly fast with the newest ROMs (I run one called RasbeanJelly) and custom kernel.

That's the thing. It's free to go where ever you want. No contracts. You can go to prepaid carriers. You can free yourself from Sprint's CDMA network.

For people who want to be contract free it's the way to go. Nexus 4 was cheaper, but I'm sure it was sold at a loss and has lesser specs than the S4.

That's the thing. It's free to go where ever you want. No contracts. You can go to prepaid carriers. You can free yourself from Sprint's CDMA network.

For people who want to be contract free it's the way to go. Nexus 4 was cheaper, but I'm sure it was sold at a loss and has lesser specs than the S4.
I think every phone currently has lesser specs than the S4

I didn't know there was different specs for a US version. I've been cheated my whole life.

EDIT: I googled it and apparantly the United States version isn't released yet? I guess my friend who has one is a lifehacker.
Odd that Canada would get it before the states.

I got my R2-D2 Limited Edition Droid 2 stolen about a year and a half ago.

CFOGN2W2A6UW2335QXMAS60Z937RRKU3.jpg

Motorola-Droid-R2D2-2-xl.jpg

RIP, my Droid 2.

RIP.

;(

I didn't know there was different specs for a US version. I've been cheated my whole life.

EDIT: I googled it and apparantly the United States version isn't released yet? I guess my friend who has one is a lifehacker.

We have it. Verizon is the only one waiting. We don't have the Google edition yet.

I wish Samsung would take the S3, or S4 and slap a QWERTY keyboard on that bitch. The Epic 4G, Relay 4G, and Stratosphere II have the BEST keyboards on any phone ever.

I wish Samsung would take the S3, or S4 and slap a QWERTY keyboard on that bitch. The Epic 4G, Relay 4G, and Stratosphere II have the BEST keyboards on any phone ever.
As much as I like touchscreens for being cool, I'm with you there. I LOVE physical keyboards.

Back