• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Christmas Memories

bhamwildcar

I can remember one morning when I was a child waking up and walking to the bathroom, as young boys need to at five A.M., and noticing a mountain of presents. It was so huge you could barely see the tree. Me and my sister were undoubtedly happy, and ever since then it's been downhill. That was the biggest Christmas I've ever seen, and sometimes I wonder how it even came to be considering how poor my family always has been. But now, every time I see that Wal-Mart commercial with the kids waking up their parents to go open the presents, I cry. I cry anytime I see something like that. It's mostly because I miss that one Christmas, but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever see it again, should I ever be lucky enough to have children. This is one thing I find harder to ignore every day, harder to just not give a rats rear about, because it's everywhere.

Somebody just shoot me already.

I feels ya. Every xmas was good for awhile. I was the only child, and my grandmother was a shop-a-holic. Then I had brothers (I rue the day they came and spoiled xmas). When you have children, you come to realize, Christmas doesn't matter about you anymore, you need to get them as many presents as possible, because you want them to relive the awesome christmases (what the hell is Christmas in plural) you had.

Meh, all these commercials have been getting on my nerves. Seems like they steal away from the actual "magic" of Christmas. You are out of school, you walk out, and the air is crispy cold and it smells incredible. Added bonus if you are with friends. The presents were groovy for sure, and I stopped getting them after a while, but over the years all those optimistic feelings that the holiday brought started diluting, especially when High school started. Or maybe I am growing up and becoming numb, either way I think a lot of people go through some form of painful nostalgia.

i had that magical cristmas back in 2006 when i had opened my last present and i didnt find what i wanted. unaware was i when my grandfather came out with a bag holding (do i have to say it) A FUCkING WII!

My household was poor for much of my childhood, so I never had awesome gifts but what made my Christmas special were my family's antics. My cousins and I would wait till our uncles got wasted and take advantage of their drunken generosity. I think Halloween makes me more nostalgic of my childhood because we don't get kids running around anymore. I guess that's the aging of America for ya.

I don't even get presents for Christmas, mind you. Not because I'm poor, but because we only put up trees and occasionally buy lame presents, like a 3D puzzle Disney ball thingymabob last year. (Maybe a good gift for an 8 year old, but not a 12 year old)

As iv'e grown up the want for presents has gotten a lot smaller, and I want something different, I just don't quite know what it it. Last year I felt...empty somehow. I got everything I wanted, but something was still missing. Not sure what it is, but maybe i'll find out soon enough.

to be honest i don't think i ever got everything i wanted, simply because my parents couldn't afford it tho now it has made me appreciate more what i have and just spending my time with my family in Christmas...

Back