• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

City Experience, Entry 1. [New York City]

mdukey

***Idea inspired by omfgAlol***

This summer, I got to experience a truly amazing feature of this world, and that is New York city.

New York city might be a crowded place where taxis, smoke, loud noises, buses, streetlights, and random shit on the sidewalks, but it is a truly amazing sight to be in.

New York city has various shopping stores, and restaurants. But the one that I went too, was truly a amazing experience.

Eleven Madison Park, is a fancy restaurant that has a equal balance of different foods, although the thing that caught my eye is that dishes are listed solely by their principal ingredients.

http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/PDFS/samplemenu.pdf gives you a sample menu, if you don't know what I mean by "listed by principal ingredients". (Oh look, Coconut is one of the ingredients! <3 )

I love this idea, because it makes you make your own dishes and have proper control on what you want on your dinner plate, instead of having something you don't like.
After all this, you're back outside with the smokey air from buses and taxi's, but it's almost night-time, and the dusk is coming in. Rockefeller plaza is one of the top hits in new york, because most shopping stores and some activities are held there, such as the T.V show hit "Today"
TheTodayShow.jpg

001.jpg

Sadly, it's only on in the mornings, so I couldn't to be apart of T.V :( But I did get to see a amazing sight from new york city, from..

Top of the Rock Observation Deck, to see most of New York City from a 70 floor high building!
topofrock2.jpg

And at last, It's dark outside. New York city has a wide array of different lights, from streetpole lights to different color lights. And I must say, It is breathtaking from ground level, and on the top of the rock observation deck.

1890.jpg

night_new_york.jpg

new-york-city-at-night.jpg

All in all, New York City is one of the cities I cross out from my list, and I plan to to go Las Vegas, if I get enough money to afford it, then I'd have a nice time.

Please Comment and see if I should continue doing these cities if I even get a chance to go to them :(

Thank you!

Manhattan was so groovy, and after that I went to Brighton Beach in brooklyn at night, it was so cool. Before Las Vegas, goto San Francisco you will definitely love it. I should post some pictures later.

Cities may be pretty to visit and tour, but I can't stand driving in them, and I would miss seeing the entire sky. That, and the lack of grass and trees...

Woohoo I got mentioned :D :p

Nah, I couldn't have done it better, I was in NYC myself and I love it :D thanks for doing this, reading this was fun :D

You should definitely try to come to Austria ;D Vienna is just awsome! :D

I used to go to NY alot when I lived in NJ. All I had to do was hop on the PATH (Port Authority Tran-Husdon Corp) for $1.50 and I was at 33rd Street. Mostly just went for the New York ladies. But had fun checking out the sights, it never gets tiring.

Back