• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

claiming one's structures as your own

NeghVar

What are the rules concerning claiming land in which some elses structures are on?

Reason I am asking is because I built the pier on the northeast edge of the sign island territory and now its claimed by Maridia. East of X: 6586 is what I built. West of X: 6586 is Maridia's

Also, hypothetical question. If someone claims land where another person's stash is, does that make the contents of the chest theirs now?

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but Maridia should do something to make you reasonably happy. Perhaps for example you'd be happy if they gave you the contents of your chests, and promised to not destroy your pier, and make any reasonable minor modifications you might require to it in the future?

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but Maridia should do something to make you reasonably happy. Perhaps for example you'd be happy if they gave you the contents of your chests, and promised to not destroy your pier, and make any reasonable minor modifications you might require to it in the future?
Or he could just join Maridia x3.

Or he could just join Maridia x3.

I've been around since 1.7 and mostly kept to myself. As a result, whenever I have asked to join a town, I am told "we don't know you" or "you aren't trusted." simply because I mostly keep to myself. Though I have not asked Maridia.

Also, back in 1.7, I did a similar thing once and was accused of griefing. In my case, no buildings were actually on the land I claimed.https://www.team9000.net/threads/ban-request-neghvar-grief.12285/#post-106684

Anybody remember SODaLG and how his house was claimed by The_Empire?

Whether or not you built at a place, it doesn't change the fact that it is not protected by Towny. Therefore, even with clear markers, your land is still unclaimed through Towny, and it is only the owner's fault in not claiming the land. Don't have the diamonds and credits to claim the land? Sorry, bad luck.

Anybody remember SODaLG and how his house was claimed by The_Empire?
Whether or not you built at a place, it doesn't change the fact that it is not protected by Towny. Therefore, even with clear markers, your land is still unclaimed through Towny, and it is only the owner's fault in not claiming the land. Don't have the diamonds and credits to claim the land? Sorry, bad luck.
SODaLG was different case. He was "invited" by some Cydonian and made shitty cobble floating build near cannal on place that wasnt claimed yet, but obviously we were spreading that way. We claimed and removed all that crap mostly due to build being so fugly and plain, it would be easy to make it back if we ever need to (aka admin decision). We put all mats in chests and notified SODaLG via his Cydonia friend. He never get his stuff, or asked for it in proper place (aka thread for example). After like month i removed even the signs and chests with material.

Number, not that case. Before that case happened, SODaLG was involved in a case regarding his house being claimed by The_Empire.

Back