Classical classic

I've got a few, mostly from accidentally hitting the wrong button in World Of Minecraft when I wanted to do a screenshot, but I did intentionally save Cool55 and Cool60 since I had a big build there (same build, moved from one to the other) and maybe some guest worlds around Guest300 era. You're probably looking at those numbers and going "oh I was hoping for Cool3" or something :D

I'm hoping @Wooty has them all saved since they were pretty small, although I guess if you had all the block history it'd be a lot bigger.

If someone with a better collection than me doesn't speak up, I'll spend some time going through mine and working out which worlds they are from. Filenames like level_20110916145046.dat are pretty useless.

[Edit: remind me in a while if nothing better comes up]

World Of Minecraft (we called it WoM, right?) saved in a format that fCraft could load, so I'm pretty sure it was probably the actual classic file format.

Ok not alot of ppl have seen this
Im sure more people have seen it than you think, just don't have anything to contribute.

Like I know I saved quite a few classic maps, but they were on my old computer which got fried. I could probably get them but I'm lazy :3

I could probably get them but I'm lazy :3

We need to do this for future generations :D

Actually seriously I'm not sure if @Wooty would like to host whatever files we can find, but maybe they should go on archive.org, because I guess Team 9000 was a major server.

Well i need them cuz im a co owner on a ClassiCube classic server and we need to get archives or whatever maps to save them as museums or make a copy of the map and make it a freebuild

Sorry, I thought by quoting it the second time it wouldn't actually make a notification :D

Regardless, I'm inclined to not release the classic maps at this point. Of the few servers left capable of hosting them, it would basically just be a content grab. "Hey, look at all this cool stuff someone else made."

Fair enough, although I wonder if there are actually many people who care about classic these days that you'd get very much attention by doing this.

In any case, I hope you have them backed up well, they should be in Fort Knox :D

Is there any chance of your releasing just that first world you spawned in when you first connected?

Also what are your feelings about us trading our "bootleg recordings"? :D

Would you be willing to release the renders of the worlds that used to be at http://classic.team9000.net (or something like that) so we can at least look at them if not explore them?

Well dont ask me in the forums fo anything big i last played on that server in 2012 and im a rookie on the forums but yeah it would be cool if we would get atleast the map you spawned in if you dont want to give them then im not against you or anything.

Hello. I'm the owner of the server WolfFromWar is talking about. We want the maps because the server is supposed to bring back things of classic,and having museums of old servers would be cool. We already have maps of a 2011 one called "Karg's Freebuild" and I think having the ones of this server would be awesome.

Back