Coding Questions/Discussion

L_O_T_r

So last night I was talking to a bunch of people about my coding issues. I made one mention of OOP and immediately was sucked into a huge discussion of how amazing OOP'ing is (for those that are reading this and have no clue; Object Oriented Programming).

I will be updating this thread with questions and such but right now I am just experimenting with classes. So if anyone wants to give imput of what they think of OOP that would be appreciated (any cool tricks as well :).

Ahhh the old Procedural Vs. Object debate...

Like my fave college prof said:

"Programming paradigms are like tools.. You could use a hammer to remove a screw or drive a nail with a Phillip's screwdriver.. It's just way harder"

Lesson: Some problems are best solved using OOP, and others with Procedural/Functional/Imperative languages

Ahhh the old Procedural Vs. Object debate...

Like my fave college prof said:

"Programming paradigms are like tools.. You could use a hammer to remove a screw or drive a nail with a Phillip's screwdriver.. It's just way harder"

Lesson: Some problems are best solved using OOP, and others with Procedural/Functional/Imperative languages
qft

He is currently taking comp-sci courses, so he is learning OOP. Let me know if you need examples of OOP or other styles.

Back