Community Server MC Thread Questionaire

Tsysin

......Do you want a Fresh World?....

So for most of the old timers you have had the option of Creepers Lab or if you're into nostalgia the private white list server @DOS622 and I have been running for a few years. Generally to be blunt; we've been running our own private Empire9000 server for our interest for a few years (Don't take this the wrong way, but we're way more invested that Woot was on his best day...well maybe since 1.7.3 beta); so we don't really care if people join or not and just enjoy our old builds (read worlds).

@DOS622 and I long for the old 1.8 Beta world where there was no protection, no admin, and everyman for himself. How many other are like us out there?

Our premise/question is that we continue to host a Active T9K worlds (1.0 Up+) That has protection and rules, etc. but also have a fresh world (test Server) that with every substantial update gets wiped (moved to the production world). The goal being that we can finish what we start, visit for nostalgia, enjoy the scenary....but never "not be challeged"

We are happy with where we are at today, and aren't looking for more, but if this is a trigger to bring old mates back occasionally to play we're open to it.

To be blunt; We are NOT invested in reinventing T9K (Not my IP, but I enjoyed the people I met), we 'may' interested in growing the community (not for T9K, but just for friends sake); We could careless if the server is associated with T9k. This being said we are all social creatures and enjoy playing with more than ourselves (Except in @babybacon 's case). Just trying to get an idea of interest before we spend much time or effort at it. I would like to point out that once we commit, we tend to go long haul.

@DOS622 and I long for the old 1.8 Beta world where there was no protection, no admin, and everyman for himself. How many other are like us out there?

"Longing" might be a bit strong of a word for me. More like: if other people are interested in this, I might join in!

I long for the actual 1.8 beta world with Sven's Island (and, believe it or not, Sven!) :laugh:

So the idea is not just no protection, but no plugins, much like the 1.8 beta. I guess that means we could consider running snapshots as soon as they are released :unsure:

This being said we are all social creatures and enjoy playing with more than ourselves (Except in @babybacon 's case).
I laughed my ass off at that.

But I might join in the case of a protectionless world like back in beta 1.8. That being said Vanilla Minecraft is horridly boring without a lot of people and after 2-4 weeks I doubt what playerbase shows up will be frequent (This coming from someone who has never been on your server assuming it is mostly vacant most of the time).

Back