• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Connection lost in my condo plot only

Laharal

Hello fellow T9kers,

Something quite weird happened and I need help to understand a special phenom that occured to me.

Since I came back to t9k a few days ago , everything went smooth connection-wise.
I scouted for a decent condo plot, took it, put a chest and some torches and went back to the mining world.

1 1/2 days ago I got back to my condo plot set in the jungle and my minecraft window froze. Mutiple attempts always led to same result: 10-20 seconds of okay play then connection lost end of stream.

I took my chance this morning and tried to flee in any direction result: everything went fine when I was out.........

Anyone has an idea why this happened in my condo plot only?
Does it has to do with jungle biome (lots of scenery) ?
Is team 9k's server haunted?

Many thanks for your wisdom, tech knowledge and understanding of unexplained phenomena.

I traveled to your plot to see if the same thing would happen to me. Around 15-20 seconds of just standing there, I suffered a very heavy lag spike that probably would have timed me out like you but I guess my computer was strong enough to keep me in the game. After it went away, it played like normal again with occasional lag spikes. Something in the immediate area may be loading or updating more chunks than a normal plot would (such as a farm, a lot of mobs, or a lot of items on the ground) causing severe lag and in your case, severe enough lag to keep you from getting a response from the server in that area.
It might not be a problem with your plot, but a problem with your neighbor's plots. I'm going to take a look around and see if I can't find the problem.
EDIT:
I couldn't find anything. Sorry I couldn't be more help, it went back to normal for me.

It could be that someone has made a bunch of oscillating redstone circuits (the ones that blink on and off really, really fast) on or near your plot, they can cause lots of lag.

His plot divided by zero.
DivideByZero.jpg

I downloaded a few of the chunks in the area, and tested in single player. Something is definitely causing it to crash, for me at least.

Code:
      Minecraft has crashed!      
      ----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 14839d5f --------
Generated 7/9/12 4:31 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_33, Apple Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine version 2.1 ATI-7.18.18, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.ClassCastException: dk cannot be cast to hb
	at hb.g(SourceFile:126)
	at hb.n_(SourceFile:145)
	at xd.n(SourceFile:1273)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1610)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:719)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:671)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
--- END ERROR REPORT 722b5dc9 ----------

I'm deleting one plot at a time, and congrats Larahal: I deleted your plot, and the game still crashed. You haven't done anything wrong.

Many thanks to everyone for the answers ;) Great community as always!

St-Theo, I do not ask of you to sort it out because I just have to avoid my condo to avoid the problem but if ever the problem is solved, please post it for me to know ;)

I experienced the same thing at spawn tonight...... Definetly something is wrong on my end.. can anyone help/suggest? I have optifine, updated my java, tried to set the render distance to tiny.... I don't get it.. i had some lag in the last days but not that much... now barely able to view left or right... :(((((

P.S. I few minutes later I tried back and managed to get out of that 0-1 fps spot.... I tried returning in the ''chunk'' than in-out a few times and the lag was very area dependent.

On that plot was (maybe) a small part of Bastion (or even the plot further down.... so maybe just a wilderness plot with some parts of Spawn in it). When I got in Spawn with all the buildings and colors etc etc.. there was no trouble there.... Is something wrong with my PC guys? Will I be forbidden to play in only half the world? ;)

I think Bastion has alot of sheeps and chickens in a small space, so that could be your problem there if your computer is already messy!

There's an area around the condos that has a lot of lag, I think it's some sort of farm. I've seen that happen when someone has a massive chicken farm of sorts....

Have you found the offending plot by any chance?
Unfortunately not. I thought I had narrowed it down (by filling each plot with air and testing to see if the game crashed) to one chunk (x: 1280 to 1311, z: 128 to 159), but when I deleted the remaining chunks (removed the entire chunks, meaning that minecraft regenerated them when I started it up again) the problem seemed to go away. Meaning that the chunk I thought was the cause probably wasn't, and while filling chunks with air was undoable with MCEdit's undo history, deleting the chunks was not.

I checked google for the line numbers in the error report (as the query phrase "dk cannot be cast to hb" led only to this thread), and the most promising result seemed to be similar to the error report in this post with regards to tile entities. Meaning that it may have been WorldDownloader's error, and not the actual error plaguing people in-game.

Unfortunately not. I thought I had narrowed it down (by filling each plot with air and testing to see if the game crashed) to one chunk (x: 1280 to 1311, z: 128 to 159), but when I deleted the remaining chunks (removed the entire chunks, meaning that minecraft regenerated them when I started it up again) the problem seemed to go away. Meaning that the chunk I thought was the cause probably wasn't, and while filling chunks with air was undoable with MCEdit's undo history, deleting the chunks was not.

I checked google for the line numbers in the error report (as the query phrase "dk cannot be cast to hb" led only to this thread), and the most promising result seemed to be similar to the error report in this post with regards to tile entities. Meaning that it may have been WorldDownloader's error, and not the actual error plaguing people in-game.

Is it weird I got a boner from this?

Back