• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Contest Launch Possibilty

Casey

So, I want to make contests a consistent thing. Consistent. Woot, I know you try, but its difficult to plan things around you. Hell, its difficult to not plan things around you. I would like to make contests a consistent thing, without relying on you and if enough people agree with this, I might make it a report in Mantis. I was thinking of two possibilities.

First, if it isn't to difficult, and I know you mentioned this before, but make an application (through launch maybe?) where I can set up contests easily. Make it three basic contests; written, picture, and video submissions. If some strange contest needs to be made up, I will contact you to see if something can be done, but for most of the time, it would be these three types of contests being made. Give me a simple option of making the-

Title
Summary/how to enter
Fine print
Prize section
Ability to edit entries made so that people trolling can be deleted
The ability to set start and end dates.

If this is too much, then I simply ask for the ability to post in the Announcement area or even a contest section of the forums. I have noticed all to often that if I made threads, they would be susceptible to derailment/trolling, criticism from others, and the fact that people would ask questions in the submission threads and vice versa. I wouldn't mind making threads in the forums for contests, but there are too many external factors and the organization it presents for a contest event is far from idea. If you have any other ideas, or if anyone else has any ideas, please, post away. Hopefully we can get some good ideas going.

Back