• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

conversation, mark all as read

number_J

On forum, when new post is added in section to some thread, that thread is marked blue point. Clicking on that blue point takes you to the first unread post.
In conversation, same blue point marking new post marks conversation as read.

--> make it one type all over the web

In section, multiple threads get new posts, marking them with blue point. If you read one that you care about (calling it "thread top"), and that one is the last one updated (last post was in that thread), from section overview it shows new posts (unread) and as last one the thread top, but you already seen that one.

--> add "mark all read" button to the sections heads, which marks all threads in section as read

On forum, when new post is added in section to some thread, that thread is marked blue point. Clicking on that blue point takes you to the first unread post.
In conversation, same blue point marking new post marks conversation as read.

--> make it one type all over the web

In section, multiple threads get new posts, marking them with blue point. If you read one that you care about (calling it "thread top"), and that one is the last one updated (last post was in that thread), from section overview it shows new posts (unread) and as last one the thread top, but you already seen that one.

--> add "mark all read" button to the sections heads, which marks all threads in section as read
I would help but.... I don't quite understand what you mean.

The type face is bold whenever there is new comments added to any conversation or thread you have not yet read. One you have viewed all comments, the type face changes to sans-bold. If I remember correctly, there used to be a "mark all as read" option on the folders...it may still be there. I never actually used it.

First, there are warnings. For threads you care about a lot.
warning.PNG

Now, when i read my warning or go directly to Cydonia thread, there are still few more threads left unread (aka new posts in them) and there is no way to mark them read without going into every one and each of them. Now, why do i care about this is there can be some useful info going about, but i dont want to watch all the threads 100%, i want to know if there is something new in certain periods. And for that i need to mark them read. Which cant be done without ... you know the drill.
(note : bluebox is for missing MARK ALL READ button)
cydonia readen.PNG
cydonia readen2.PNG

And now issue that has a lot of do with this. Bluepoints have different meaning in different parts (chat/threads) as shown on pictures. Make them same function (probably take me to first unread post) and add mark all read or keep the "actual reading" will mark it read. No need for button to mark it read without button to take you to the first new post.
bluepoint1.PNG
bluepoint2.PNG

Back