• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

cool122 spleef arena

this thread is for COOL+ not guests.

Hi all, ive been working on a project that WAS approved by an awesome (idk who) in cool122. i am building a spleef arena over the whole world. anyone who wants to help who is COOL+ may just let me know right here and i will put you down as a contributor. please if you are contributing dont just build 10 blocks and quit for the name on the list. i want people who actually want to help not people who want their name on a wall (you could just build a wall in guest -_-). thanks everybody,

—PotatoZMaster

In my opinion:

Truly, I see no point in having a large spleef arena over the entire world. It'll just darken things even more, and there will be no sky to see. Also, I don't see how you could use up all that space just for a spleef arena. It's too large, and it'll take a while for all the players to get to each other. A fairly sized one is good enough.

it is going to be for 100 players+ and admins will be able to cuboid the broken blocks (if they agree to do that). also it is being done on spooky cool so it cant get darker. you also sont have to participate in the biggest build on the server but... your choice.

UPDATE: we are assigning gridlines to the arena for building purposes. there will be 4 spots open for grid managers if that is what you want to help with. the grids are going to be just big sections (not huge not small) that are color coded for arena ranks. the ranks are: project manager (thats me and one other spot open) grid manager: 4 spots left 5 total, builder: anyone, rules and help/questions team: 10 spots QUALIFICATION: you must be online at least 3-4 days a week MINIMUM. other than that just say what you want to do and i you are building then tell me which color section you want to do. wool chart will be provided in the next post.

—potatoZMaster

As co-project manager, here's my suggestion:

Since SpookyCool is occupied by default builds in the sky, I suggest postponing it until regular worlds come back. Also, this Arena will take quite a height due to separate Zones, which I hope will be indicated by rooms, not to mention the fall area if someone does happen to get spleefed. We should also kindly ask other builders who will be building in that world not to build in the higher areas because of this project. Thanks for reading.

-Jigadirasu

UPDATE: the grids are not going to be four squares there are four SPOTS OPEN for grid managers. there will be many more smaller sections.

Also the project manager position has been taken by jigarasu (or what ever his name is :D)

in response to our co-manager:

yes it is possible to postpone it until another world comes about but it would require pasting by an awesome+. also there are not going to be rooms the sections are just for when we are building. builders will build inside these sections and when they are done they will be removed from the sections list. These sections are flat! also any awesome+ who WOULD be willing to paste this should say so and it would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.

UPDATE: please do not put your name on the contributors list until we have resolved the problem of worlds. you will be notified when it has resolved but until then i would say only work on the part DIRECTLY ABOVE SPAWN and no farther. again any awesome+ i would be happy to accept your help with pasting.next time jiga consult me before posting :D. it will be easier that way.

UPDATE: we do not know the exact block we are going to be using at the moment. please bear with us until we tell you what block we will be using.

thanks again

—potatoZMaster

I assume so, due to the obstacles. However, this project may not happen at all.

I took the liberty of asking ConroD whether or not we can build this (sorry, potato). He proposed that if we are able to finish such a large build (which he says will take up a minimum of 130 hours), we will be able to keep it. However, if it isn't, then he will cuboid it out of the world. I feel that we should disregard the project. There is a highly unlikely chance that we will be able to finish this, and if we do, the arena won't last that long due to the short time between the openings of new cool worlds. I suggest that we stick to a smaller spleef arena about possibly a quarter of the size or less, and open it to a smaller amount of players, because I doubt we can get so many players do play such a game. Also, I suggest we do it in a newer cool world. Please note these are my opinions, and I support any decision that is made. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
-Jigadirasu

@ Jiga

I think that it would be a wise decision if we make the arena oh, i don't know, maybe 50 x 50 blocks for the actual arena in the next cool or something. This way, we can have it done more efficiently, and we won't take as much time doing so. I think that the drop once you fall should be about ten (ish) blocks down, this way, the people that fall can't continue to break the blocks. and that is still 2,500 blocks we have to make. Along with the bottom of it and the waiting spots for the contestants.

-SeargentBob

i will create more ideas on these thoughts but i still think it should be BIG. not nessecarily world big but a good amount of it. also unless an sdmin says they will paste it in the next cool world by saturday we will just start building it again next time. we will still have grid lines but maybe we should make the arena with different levels? theres a thought. i am going to measure damasks build and see how many blocks he used. sorry dame but ive had my eye on biggest build since i became cool. everyone who contributed will be recognized as helpers if they wish. in response to falling, we could have the next arena be the fall spot and each arena be very small for two or three players. then we would start on the top and just fall into (possibly) harder levels. jiga and sarge please tell me what you think of each idea.

UPDATE: we will continue building on the next REGULAR cool world. admins any info on that would help. thanx.

—potatoZMaster

okay, first, it would take forever to make a GIANT spleef spot. also, i won't be on for the weekend. and multi levels, hmm... do you mean like a tournament that it would look like a upside down pyramid? that wvery one starts at first, then the next level has the losers? and the last person on each level is a winner?

no sarge more like a structure of a building. just the gurters. it would be a cube. but pyramid idea is just as good. perhaps the winner of all the matches will be recognized? just a thought.

UPDATE: the space that was going to be the original arena is now open to maze building. please mark your territory by the color of wool that your rank uses. please LIMIT the size of any maze to 50x50 MAXIMUM. it does not need to be this large and should not be. please mind others and do not build together. One maze PER PERSON!!!! the spleef arena will be continued the mazes are NOT replacing it. more news later.

—potatoZMaster

ok. here is a list of updates that are VERY important.

UPDATE: we will begin building a cube in cool123 called the tournament. i will lay out the initial building area and sarge could you make the grid in it?

UPDATE: it will be made out of iron on the outside and gold on the inside.

UPDATE: there will be levels. the top is where you start which is regular spleen. the next down will be holes in the floor, the next will be underwater, the next will be underwater with holes, the next will be underlava :D, and the last will be underlava with holes. obviously the loser will drop. therefore i think we will make steps leading UP not down and the very top will be the final round. the loser will be granted an opportunity to leave through a door after rebuilding the arena. the LOSER will be responsible for repairing the arena not the winner.

UPDATE: there will be four different sections in the cube each one will have all of the levels in them. this is only to ensure that everyone will be able to participate if there are more than three or four people. sarge can set the boudaries.

UPDATE: each level will be at least 15 blocks long or bigger.the roof must be three blocks from the floor and the top layer will have no roof.

THanks for your participation. all rules that were stated before apply.

PS: the winner of every level will be recognized as a winner :D

Back