• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Could we increase the volume of the cool worlds?

Doing so would mean reducing the size of the world. The taller it is, the less width/length you get. the lower the height, the bigger the map can be. Cool worl, if i am not mistaken, is balanced between the 2. If you need more height, dig my friend ;)

XD digging large areas is NOT fun. not fun at all. I had to help...well not HAD to. but I was helping a friend in cool world with a huge build. it involved clearing a ginormuse area out all the way from sky to bedrock. then we filled a large amount of that area up with a big yellow building. it's still not quite finished. though it appears to be. and he also got a promo for it. neither I nor any others who helped did though. corse he atleast mentioned us and our help in it. but we didn't get promo. and as far as I can tell I'm the only one still working to compleat it.

not to complain though. actually I'm woundering if I should just leave that part out... neh. maybe not atleast. I dunno.
anyways yah, digging out large areas is not fun. but worlds in classic are limited areas. so I can see how larger=skinnyr. were this current version the world goes on endlessly in all directions I believe. right? plus there's the hight mod. but the thing is, multiplay servers probably get laggy enough as it is once they get a bunch of people on them. then you add even a bit of empty hight to the world and that's more to be processed. then more room for builds, which although great, means again more to process. and more lag. poop.

Doing so would mean reducing the size of the world. The taller it is, the less width/length you get. the lower the height, the bigger the map can be. Cool worl, if i am not mistaken, is balanced between the 2. If you need more height, dig my friend ;)
It does not work this way at all @_o

you could make height differences like in the Zones, so that builders who need height can build in the lower sections and the other ones can build in the higher sections.. or become builder and build in those zones.

e.g. the zone with the desert theme had some big height differences, although I can't remember the zone's number :p

Just a random idea that popped in my head ;)

Back